Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an interview with Unsy on the OS about this lad, where he explains he's known him since he was assistant manager at Sheff Utd. Seems a big fan of the kid and pleased to have brought him here.

Yes, i have been saying the same thing for years. We should be looking at the best English players coming through in the lower leagues and at the smaller premier league clubs.

Stones, Holgate, Galloway and now this chap are good examples of young players signed for over £1mil and i would like to see more of it.

Given how we were given the run around by foreign faux galacticos in the last window I totally agree that we should be hoovering up the best young British players.Zat I know you like a youngster more than most so who should we be going for ?

Thought we might have gone for Will Hughes but seem to recall he hasn't played much due to injury.

Given that he's stayed here and wasn't signed and loaned back to Sheffield, it does seem as though he'll be used at some point in the first team, which is interesting, especially as the Swiss lad has gone on loan to a top flight team in Germany so you'd imagine he could also do a job at PL level as back up striker.

Given how we were given the run around by foreign faux galacticos in the last window I totally agree that we should be hoovering up the best young British players.Zat I know you like a youngster more than most so who should we be going for ?

Thought we might have gone for Will Hughes but seem to recall he hasn't played much due to injury.

I think we should have signed Lewis Cook but he went to bournemouth. Rather than bolasie we should also have gotten Nathan redmond but he went to southampton.

One ive been told is very good is Rico Henry. Hes a rapid left back and capped at u19 level but playing for wycome i think. Another is the centre mid at sheffield united but looks like weve swerved him as we signed this forward from them yet werent in for him.

Theres solanke at chelsea as well who looks devastating.

Given that he's stayed here and wasn't signed and loaned back to Sheffield, it does seem as though he'll be used at some point in the first team, which is interesting, especially as the Swiss lad has gone on loan to a top flight team in Germany so you'd imagine he could also do a job at PL level as back up striker.

Tarashaj is an attacking midfielder mate...my old colleague in switzerland has seen him a few times.

Yes, i have been saying the same thing for years. We should be looking at the best English players coming through in the lower leagues and at the smaller premier league clubs.

Stones, Holgate, Galloway and now this chap are good examples of young players signed for over £1mil and i would like to see more of it.
, Matty Foulds is another who appears to be doing very well in the development squad.

Can't remember the last young English striker we bought from a lower league that had any real involvement in the first team.

Paul Wilkinson thirty years ago??Quite shocking really.

Thought it was holland?
And might be keeping him in the u23s for now

for all our recent successes picking up lower league youngsters like stones, holgate and galloway its worth remembering we've bought plenty of duds before that whos names i cant even remember. maybe our scouting got better or we just got lucky.
hope this lad follows recent examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back