Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither is true. He defended well under Moyes, and Holgate looked like a CB playing RB.

I totally disagree. Also his votes on here after games show a fair few have the same opinion.

Holgate in just a few games has looked amazing in both RCB in a 3 and RB. Even his little run at the end of the last game was quality...

Really impressed with him since he came on. Should have had a penalty, good sole run brought first class save from their GK, and just scored to make it 2-1. Header as well:)

...thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing him. I do agree that circumstances could see him on the bench before the end of this calendar year, given our lack of quality back up strikers and ahead of January transfer window. He's old enough if he's good enough to make an impression.

Woodman at newcastle seems to be the next one. I think for us griffiths has been in an international youth squad but surely there must be one coming through who looks good.
Seen a lot of Woodman over the last few years as he's in the same age group as Ledson, Kenny & Connolly. Not been stand out to be honest and had a howler in the under 20s game re Brazil today. Followed Butland similarly as he was in Ross/Garbutt's age group and he was different class by comparison.

Seen a lot of Woodman over the last few years as he's in the same age group as Ledson, Kenny & Connolly. Not been stand out to be honest and had a howler in the under 20s game re Brazil today. Followed Butland similarly as he was in Ross/Garbutt's age group and he was different class by comparison.

Which players have stood out for you from other clubs ? I liked the look of Gomez before he went to liverpool but he picked up that major injury.

£225 k. Thought it was more to be honest. Hopefully more of a bargain than I thought.

Fully agree. Said in a later post we should have gone after Dele Alli (who we must have seen loads of when we were scouting Galloway) and Patrick Roberts.

....I'm not sure there was a lot of scouting of Galloway, his international manager was Neil Dewsnip who had very close connections with Everton.

....link doesn't work for me but what a week for the youngster, comes over as a smashing lad in interviews.

Cook with a right footed cross from the left and our boy at the back post to head in off the ground...just past the keepers fingertips.

...thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing him. I do agree that circumstances could see him on the bench before the end of this calendar year, given our lack of quality back up strikers and ahead of January transfer window. He's old enough if he's good enough to make an impression.
Seen the goal a few times now in the post match review, Great leap and header in fairness. He's quick and strong and he was a threat for the whole 30 mins or so he was on the pitch. Scored a great goal, was unlucky a couple more times, should have had a penalty, took up excellent positions in the box on a number of occasions when poor final ball failed to reach him, and even scored a penalty in the mock penalty shoot out. (Ledson missed his by the way).

I really rate Adam Armstrong, the lad he replaced, but he was just as good if not better.

This was against a very strong and hard working Brazilian side who are favourites to life the under 20 world cup next year, s it wasn't an easy run out for him. They were really up for this game today.

Looking forward to seeing him in Unsy's set up but, like you, if he carries on like this I wouldn't be surprised to see him in match day squads before the turn of the year.

Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back