Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

seems to play as a pacey target man from the height of him and what's in these clips

......there's another of him cutting in from the right and skimmimg the roof of the net with a 20 yarder, so he's versatile. He's nice and bright in his interviews so appears to have the right ingredients. Saying that, it's now a massive step up for him. I'm encouraged that a few top clubs were sniffing around.

......there's another of him cutting in from the right and skimmimg the roof of the net with a 20 yarder, so he's versatile. He's nice and bright in his interviews so appears to have the right ingredients. Saying that, it's now a massive step up for him. I'm encouraged that a few top clubs were sniffing around.

reckon he might get a run out against blackpool? thinking about popping down to that one

Hope he becomes top class...so few good English forwards around these days.

Was saying this last night.

The World Cup squad in two years time will have four names in we never heard of yet.The next Euro squad in four years will have eight names we have never heard of yet.

We should be going all out to buy young British talent( like Stones and Holgate) from the lower leagues to complement our academy.

Hopefully this lad gets a chance in the first team squad.

Was saying this last night.

The World Cup squad in two years time will have four names in we never heard of yet.The next Euro squad in four years will have eight names we have never heard of yet.

We should be going all out to buy young British talent( like Stones and Holgate) from the lower leagues to complement our academy.

Hopefully this lad gets a chance in the first team squad.

Yes, i have been saying the same thing for years. We should be looking at the best English players coming through in the lower leagues and at the smaller premier league clubs.

Stones, Holgate, Galloway and now this chap are good examples of young players signed for over £1mil and i would like to see more of it.

I have often wondered whether academies are the best way for top clubs to produce players. Those that progress from lower league clubs seem more rounded ,determined and skilful players. When my son was playing football we used to encounter quite a few lads who had been dropped out of Everton or Liverpool academies. They always seemed arrogant with an air of entitlement and without exception were no better than the lads they were now playing and competing alongside.

I have often wondered whether academies are the best way for top clubs to produce players. Those that progress from lower league clubs seem more rounded ,determined and skilful players. When my son was playing football we used to encounter quite a few lads who had been dropped out of Everton or Liverpool academies. They always seemed arrogant with an air of entitlement and without exception were no better than the lads they were now playing and competing alongside.

....it's a fair point but often those arrogant types have the attitude lads need to succeed. It's so difficult to bring a striker through because the skill set is so different, that's why they cost the most money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back