Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the lad, think he looked weak today because he had the wrong studs on, seemed to be sliding all over the show. Felt sorry for him because we needed an outlet ball to play on the break and not really a forward who's strength is holding the ball up playing on the wing.

Its not his fault he was thrown on but was strange to see him almost jogging in slow motion with the ball at his feet twice when we had a break on, only to be dispossessed twice. Then he got brushed off the ball a couple of times and to top it off played a vad pass. Plus he was strolling around when he should have been busting a gut to close down for the short time he was on.

Really strange sub imo and he just looked lethargic and sluggish.
Noticed this too, he looked gassed almost as soon as he came on. Made absolutely no sense.

A handful of games for a young lad and the jury is out already. We're so fortunate to have such keen assessors its of footballing talent amongst us, Koeman should really take more note of what you all say. He's clearly missing the important stuff when taking the lad for training every day.

Im not judging him as a player or saying he wont become a good player as he is young and inexperienced, plus you cant tell after only seeing him for about 80 minutes overall. However you cant deny his contribution tonight was poor.

I rate the lad think he could be half decent but he wasn't himself tonight perhaps needed the rest from the weekend and in hindsight surprised lookman didn't come on instead. Perhaps koeman wanted the height of Calvert instead.

Kept slipping and couldn't control the ball probably down to the wrong studs

Im not judging him as a player or saying he wont become a good player as he is young and inexperienced, plus you cant tell after only seeing him for about 80 minutes overall. However you cant deny his contribution tonight was poor.
No I agree. He didn't play well as a sub for how many minutes tonight?

Nothing against the lad but I don't actually know what his role seems to be? Jjst play to run around doesn't seem to have any obvious strengths... in my opinion mirallas was one of our most dangerous players and should have stayed on or it seems a perfect game for his pace for lookman

Always amazed at how quick people are to get on youngsters back if he doesn't come in and immediately start performing to Messi or Ronaldinho levels ridiculous. To all those who want all the youngsters thrown in this is a salutary lesson, you introduce them gradually when they are ready because even then some of our fans act like impatient morons.

I can see why Koeman brought him on. It didn't work like, but the lad's plainly doing a lot right and, if, as others have said, he'd had studs in his boots rather than ice packs, it might have ended differently.

A handful of games for a young lad and the jury is out already. We're so fortunate to have such keen assessors of footballing talent amongst us, Koeman should really take more note of what you all say. He's clearly missing the important stuff when taking the lad for training every day.
I've been in and around the game for over 40 years mate and to be quite frank and upfront he's one of the worst players I've ever seen.

When I go down to Finch Farm on occasion I get to have a little watch of the squad and he's so far off the pace he may as well be back at Belfield.

Another Steve Walsh disaster.

I've been in and around the game for over 40 years mate and to be quite frank and upfront he's one of the worst players I've ever seen.

When I go down to Finch Farm on occasion I get to have a little watch of the squad and he's so far off the pace he may as well be back at Belfield.

Another Steve Walsh disaster.
Please get in the Transfer Thread rar now and do us a list of ins and outs for the summer and how much you expect for all transfers so you can calculate a net amount and make it easy for Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back