Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Koeman has an eye on the future and will throw the youngsters in to give them a taste of what PL football is about. No point playing Valencia unlesss it's an emergency as he's unlikely to have a future here. No point blooding youngsters next season; Koeman is tough and will want them acclimatised quickly.

No I agree. He didn't play well as a sub for how many minutes tonight?

It doesnt matter if its 60 minutes or 5 minutes, he was put on to help the team in whatever way Koeman asked. Unfortunately it didnt help at all as he was poor.

Nothing personal against the lad, but you cant get away from the fact that he was below par.

It needs to be remembered that this time last year DCL was not even a regular at Sheffield United in league one. To have him starting at anfield and bringing him on tonight was too much of an ask. I don't know why miralles was brought off as early as he was but surely enner Valencia should have been brought on the pitch before DCL.

It doesn't matter if he puts Messi to shame on the training ground, there's only one place where performances matter and that's on the pitch. Today he didn't do much of anything, apart from lose the ball.

It needs to be remembered that this time last year DCL was not even a regular at Sheffield United in league one. To have him starting at anfield and bringing him on tonight was too much of an ask. I don't know why miralles was brought off as early as he was but surely enner Valencia should have been brought on the pitch before DCL.
because of his card situation.

I think, as others have pointed out, DCL is brought on for height over Valencia. Koeman has mentioned this multiple times for the logic behind his later game subs when we have an advantage and also for his starting line up against West Brom

I have a sneaking suspicion that there is some automatic buy clause in there like with Cleverley and Koeman is using him just enough to get the most of the loan without being obligated to purchase him.

^Pure speculation. Disregard if uninterested.

What I think Koeman sees in him is a future Prem level striker but as our current striker in a one forward set up is maybe the best in the league the only way DCL gets time to improve is out wide. Koeman feels playing out of position is helpful and I honestly think he did alright but wasn't helped enough as Barkley wasn't by a too static Lukaku

He's very raw and needs lots of toughness...he will be a bit embarrassed after that display im sure...but now he defo knows that he has to develop his physicality to make it at the top. Potential is there.

2 very very important matches in evertons season. Put in a young inexperienced player who apart from a tap in had produced very little for the team. Play him in an away match against a team we have had a chance to overhaul. He plays poor. Then go 1 nil up in a another away match in a very difficult ground to get a result. A ground famous for late goals. What you need is a player who has a bit of compo and ability to hold it up. Dcl has never shown either in his short career so far. I dont blame him. He is not ready yet. He needs time and against teams like wba stoke cp west ham etc. Not liverpool and utd away. The manager made a poor call in him for these 2 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back