Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his short cameo this afternoon JJ Kenny clearly showed why he deserves to be given a chance. Despite numerous opportunities it's hard to say that about DCL.

JJ Kenny didn't have any defending as such to do today so don't know how he would be but would be good to see him given a chance as long as Holgate is not put in as a CB of 2. That would be disastrous.

The lad as offered nothing as an attacking threat. Strange that he seems to be starting on a regular basis

It's is a strange position, maybe he needs games to see if it clicks. Not every player can be a star straight away. Sometimes they have to learn on the job and adapt.

Baffled by this. He's actually less effective than Niasse.
Without exaggeration, in the last few weeks, Niasse has been by far the better player. I don't believe any Prem team would have DCL based on his current performances. Just have to hope that changes over time.

Calvert-Lewin was ineffective in the first half today, but so were lots of other players.

Can't argue with him being subbed like, but it's become fashionable for posters to sl@g him off on here, which is probably indicative of something i'm struggling to find the words for right now. Actually, I know the words, but prefer to maintain my current account status, so will refrain from using them.

Koeman needs to start playing players in there actual positions. Holgate at RB and DCL on the wing is clearly not working and its not fair they keep being played out of position. It just gives fans easy targets after the match.

Another game where he showed absolutely nothing to suggest he's a Premier League level footballer. Loan him out next season to get a solid 30 or so games under his belt and then when he comes back as supporters we can look at him again and see if he's improved. Currently he doesn't look anywhere near ready to be involved with our first team, regardless of where he's being played. Lacks physical strength, doesn't look all that pacy and we haven't seen him yet play a single creative pass, at the moment he's just a complete waste of a shirt whenever he plays.

It sounds very harsh but we're sick of seeing passengers in the team, even if they are young kids. If we want to crack the top 4 or win a trophy we're never going to do it by persisting with players who make no impact on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back