Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of DCL to be honest but being played out of position can't be helping the lad, I don't think his contribution to the team warrant a starting position over Valencia, defo reckon he should go out on loan next season to good championship club to gain experience

Dom must be unreal in training because he's done absolutely nothing out on the pitch to retain his place in the team for me. It baffles me as to why Lookman hasn't had the minutes considering he's more of a winger and actually offers something.

I think he would be a lot more comfortable in the central striking role but he's nowhere near good enough to fill it here with us. He'll be at his level in the championship within 2 years

...anybody who's watched him for the U23s will know his skill set is as a target man striker with good back to goal technique. RK obviously feels he can do a job as a wide midfielder but that doesn't say a lot for more conventional wingers we have.

I wouldn't write the boy off, he's very much a square peg in a round hole but my main concern is that I still haven't seen a "that'll do me moment".

One of the more bizarre episodes at this club in the past few years: the decision to give that lad a long term contract based on the performances we've seen.

He's just not at the races. He cant lay the ball off and he cant carry the ball. It was apparent there yesterday that he reached that point where his own team mates made the decision not to play the ball to him because they knew it was a waste of time. It was horrible to observe. The manager realised his mistake on selection and withdrew him. The only decision he got right yesterday.

It's harsh I know because he's a younger player and no one takes great relish in declaring someone that age a failure but I cant see a way forward here. A loan deal to the Championship as others have suggested is probably the way to go. Which is probably his level, tbf.

Another game where he showed absolutely nothing to suggest he's a Premier League level footballer. Loan him out next season to get a solid 30 or so games under his belt and then when he comes back as supporters we can look at him again and see if he's improved. Currently he doesn't look anywhere near ready to be involved with our first team, regardless of where he's being played. Lacks physical strength, doesn't look all that pacy and we haven't seen him yet play a single creative pass, at the moment he's just a complete waste of a shirt whenever he plays.

It sounds very harsh but we're sick of seeing passengers in the team, even if they are young kids. If we want to crack the top 4 or win a trophy we're never going to do it by persisting with players who make no impact on games.

This really, not going to knock the lad, he must have something, but a year on loan in the championship is what he needs.

He's got to have attributes if he's starting every week, I can't see them! I think it's mental Koeman shoehorning him into the team like that, it can't be good for the man's confidence. Koeman could at least experiment with Dowell or Lookman on the wings.

You just know when some players have 'it' to cut it at Premier League level. Tom Davies does, this lad does not.

Destined to end up playing for MK Dons, or the like, in League One.

Just looking at his stats....minutes-wise he has played less than 360 mins which is less than 4 games in total. He is young and it's his first season in the top flight. He also shouldn't be blamed for being picked if people think he shouldn't, that is completely on the manager.

Fans drawing conclusions on him already, or slating him, are just ridiculous. For christ's sake, a lot of top players come into the league and have a crap or average first season. I can understand regular comments on not really seeing what he has about him so far, as I'm in that camp too, but writing him off as not having what it takes or drawing any kind of solid conclusion on him is annoyingly dumb.

I've probably said it a million times in here but the lack of patience in most football fans is one of the most irritating things about modern football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back