2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine he will be on the bench for the palace game, if we set up the same way we have been doing in a 523 / 541. I could see him coming on at some point maybe if we are leading and go more compact 532, take off Gordon or DCL. Or if one of the central midfielders are tired late on he could give us a freshen up for the last 20 minutes

If fit it is a bit risky playing him in such an important game. Can't have any passengers and need 100% commitment. Actually, 100% commitment rules out quite a few :oops:

If he is fit he will surely play some part and could even start.

It's exactly the sort of occasion he might rise to, football throws up these stories.

We must avoid dropping too deep and he can give us an out ball. The game is there to be won. In what will be a tense and tight game in all likelihood I hope he will be able to contribute.

If Allan isn't fit I think he's worth a go we need someone who is good on the ball. Gomes doesn't get around the pitch very well eithrr

I thought he worked hard and got stuck in when he’s played - I’d certainly have no issue seeing his name on the teamsheet.

To me, he has the ability to pick a pass that Doucoure and Delph lack, plus far more tenacity than Gomes (fouling repeatedly isn’t tenacity).

None of know if he was injured or couldn’t be arsed and maybe we never will but I hope he’s fit and ready to perform.

If anyone is to score the goals to keep us in the Premiership,
It will be this guy. We just need to work him the oppotunity and he will bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back