draw about to start - SK BRANN

Status
Not open for further replies.
my place or yours - ditt eller mitt sted (cheese pickup lines like this works best in english ...)

not for me they don't.

can you clear something up for me?

Does everyone from Scandinavia take the piss out of the swedish?

If so why?

didn't we try and buy Thorstein Helstad from you? It was in some of the papers anyway, which doesn't amount to that much. Is he any good?

Top name that Thorstein, is it derived from the nordic god Thor or is that just my ignorance?

hope to see you all in Liverpool. Should be a good laugh.

I'm not sure people from bergen are like english people. in my experience they party a lot harder. And that's just the women.

respect.

Thorstein won "best player in the league" award!
Yes Thor / Thorstein is from the god ;)
He scored 22 goals during normal league ( no cups etc / int games )
Currently highest scoring striker in europe for this season ( so far ).

leonbil;
Norwegians hate the swedes
Swedes hate norwegians
Danes hate norwegians

Guess its like with England Scotland and Irland.... USA Canada etc :)

Thanks for the links, I enjoy watching them from what I see you guys are quite pacey and plays offensive style but looks like you have some defensive problem though!

I don't think our defensive line up would be that loose and open for your striker to head home or tip in, and don't expect to get free mid-range pot shot we would be onto you guys in a flash!

We look forward meeting you guys soon, it should be a great game!

so we've got our hands full with thorstein!

starting to get a bit worried about your team now.

the finnish don't seem to get on with the swedish either.

In england our biggest enemy is not the irish, usa or whoever. Its not even germany.

Its france. God we love taking the piss out of the french.

I'm all for us sacking off christianity and other types of monotheism. How about we start worshipping the norse gods again, much better stories.

What was that story about Odin on a tree for months and months (yggdrasil?) and recieving the runes for his sacrifice.

I think I may have read the poetic edda when I was seventeen (english translation like).

didn't we try and buy Thorstein Helstad from you? It was in some of the papers anyway, which doesn't amount to that much. Is he any good?

Top name that Thorstein, is it derived from the nordic god Thor or is that just my ignorance?

hope to see you all in Liverpool. Should be a good laugh.

I'm not sure people from bergen are like english people. in my experience they party a lot harder. And that's just the women.

respect.

Yeah. Thorstein Helstad was linked to Everton. Thats true. But nothing happend then.
A top international striker. He is very quick despite he is now 30 years of age.
Thats his strength. One on ones he is deadly. Scored 22 goals this season. ( The same number he wears on his jersy). But I dont think you should buy him. He has been a god at brann. Think he is the brann player now with the most goals for the club in history. But he has not impressed at the clubs he has played for. Rosenborg, Austria Wien.
He is just ment to be good for brann.

Yeah. Thorstein Helstad was linked to Everton. Thats true. But nothing happend then.
A top international striker. He is very quick despite he is now 30 years of age.
Thats his strength. One on ones he is deadly. Scored 22 goals this season. ( The same number he wears on his jersy). But I dont think you should buy him. He has been a god at brann. Think he is the brann player now with the most goals for the club in history. But he has not impressed at the clubs he has played for. Rosenborg, Austria Wien.
He is just ment to be good for brann.

we don't need anymore strikers so no worries. We have the joint top scorer in yakubu in the premiership. AJ who is a lighting quick english international. And in Vaughan and Anichebe some of the most talented youngsters playing in the premiership. That and we have the pride of scotland in James McFadden.

honestly I wouldn't swap our strikers with any team in the premiership.

whats the best beer in Norway lads?

Hehe. Lol. Of course our red is nicer. Better team too! Hehe

I cant wait for the ties. I have been hopeing( Dont know if thats spelled right. My english is not as good as when I lived in Houston, Texas for 10 years) to draw Everton . Alot of you guys may think that it is an easy match against Brann. A walkover if will. But we brann suppporters think that we got the team we have the best chace of beating. Weird. To be honest it will be two close matches. We may get a win or a draw at home. But we will loose at goodison. So you guys will go on by the goal difference. This is the most likely scenerio I think. It will be two very good games. If we go through by beating your team it would be surreal. I cant imagine.

Our best europe playing was in 1996/1997. It was the old cup winners cup. We knocked out PSV Eindhoven before we met Liverpool(Scum) in the quarter finals. They got a very very lucky 1-1 draw in Bergen. But lost 3-0 at anfield. We were 4000 from bergen at that game. We should have gone through. Them lucky bastards.

But now we will get to play against the better team from Liverpool. So our chances are small. But no walkover for everton though. So it will be very fun even though if we dont go on in the competion. We are not used to games in feburey so theese matches are a bonus.

I hope many of you will come over. And we will be many at Goodison PArk.
The people of bergen are not that different from the english, due to ship-tranding for over thousend years. So alot of the same mentality.

Its always fun to have a pint ( or more, hehe) with english people. So a vey good draw for supporters.

Love you already.

I've lived here in Houston for the better part of 30 years.

Brann fans - how often is there trouble at your ground?

bergencasuals8sq2wc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back