• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Duncan Ferguson got a job

Owner of Forrest Green seems more interested in publicity than running a football club.
All that nonsense about veganism when DF was appointed, and now in the news for appointing the 1st female manager of a professional men’s team.
But beneath the headlines she’s interim manager.
4 wins out of 46 last season (18 with Duncan in charge?) make some wonder where his focus actually is, Forrest Green or publicity for his green agenda.

Trust me mate it’s like permanently -25 degrees in that stadium isn’t it @wandyr79

lol And then some, when that the wind gets up, coming off the Irish Sea, it can get even colder. Especially as the end it generally comes from is completely open.

Was always a great feeling getting in to the house after a game and lying on my back with my feet on the radiator to warm up, especially after a Tuesday night game.

Owner of Forrest Green seems more interested in publicity than running a football club.
All that nonsense about veganism when DF was appointed, and now in the news for appointing the 1st female manager of a professional men’s team.
But beneath the headlines she’s interim manager.
4 wins out of 46 last season (18 with Duncan in charge?) make some wonder where his focus actually is, Forrest Green or publicity for his green agenda.
To be fair he has took them up from National League obscurity to being a (fairly) well known league club.

As for Dingley she has managed their academy for a few years so she is just as qualified as anyone to step into the role. Gender (or anything else) really should not be an issue in football management and coaching.

To be fair he has took them up from National League obscurity to being a (fairly) well known league club.

As for Dingley she has managed their academy for a few years so she is just as qualified as anyone to step into the role. Gender (or anything else) really should not be an issue in football management and coaching.
Don't disagree, it’s the interim nature of the appointment that I find questionable.
Why not give her the job full time if she’s good enough? I suspect it wouldn’t have gone unnoticed that the appointment would make the news but it sounds temporary.

Last edited:
Don't disagree, it’s the interim nature of the appointment that I find questionable.
Why not give her the job full time if she’s good enough? I suspect it wouldn’t have gone unnoticed that the appointment would make the news but it sounds temporary.
As with many, many, many, many interim appointments in the past, I suspect she’ll get the job full-time if she does well in the short term and interviews better than other potential candidates.

Why didn't we give Unsworth the full time job?

Ultimately there's nothing weird going on here unless you desperately want there to be. And if that's the case it's a reflection of you, not anyone at Forest Green.

I do get what you are saying but there could be a number of reasons. Maybe she doesn't want the job full time?

I do get what you are saying but there could be a number of reasons. Maybe she doesn't want the job full time?
I think I just find the owner a bit odd.
Would like to know why Duncan went, they were as good as relegated when he arrived so why has he gone now? That appointment now feels to me like it was more for the headlines than any footballing reason.
Equally this appointment, I think she’s keen to be a manager as I’ve just read an interview where she says she’s tried for several jobs previously and couldn’t get foot in the door, but why didn’t she get the chance when Dunc was appointed (with basically nothing to lose)?
Good luck to her, hopefully she’s a success and gets the job full time but I’m unconvinced by his motives.
He’s put several £00k into the coffers of Just Stop Oil so maybe my judgement is clouded 🤣

He sat in on a Chelsea home win then surfed it here for another few years on top coaching wages.

An utter fraud who some wanted as a permanant Everton manager.

"GIVE IT DUNC!!".

FFS I wish those people would speak up NOW.
I'll hold my hands up. And obviously I was wrong.

I got swept up with the Chelsea win and the opening goal at Old Trafford. It had been a long long time since I felt such emotion from those events as a blue.

And him being my footballing idol - I was calling for him.

I think I just find the owner a bit odd.
Would like to know why Duncan went, they were as good as relegated when he arrived so why has he gone now? That appointment now feels to me like it was more for the headlines than any footballing reason.
Equally this appointment, I think she’s keen to be a manager as I’ve just read an interview where she says she’s tried for several jobs previously and couldn’t get foot in the door, but why didn’t she get the chance when Dunc was appointed (with basically nothing to lose)?
Good luck to her, hopefully she’s a success and gets the job full time but I’m unconvinced by his motives.
He’s put several £00k into the coffers of Just Stop Oil so maybe my judgement is clouded 🤣

The localish chat down here is that Dunc just wasnt very good at his job. Pretty dated coaching and training methods that had the squad a bit disillusioned with him.

And that is the Forest Green Rovers players.....

I'll hold my hands up. And obviously I was wrong.

I got swept up with the Chelsea win and the opening goal at Old Trafford. It had been a long long time since I felt such emotion from those events as a blue.

And him being my footballing idol - I was calling for him.

A lot of people couldn't disentangle the personality from the issue.

He sat in on the Chelsea game and then when he weas tasked to carry that forward it got progressivley worse...United then Leicester then Arsenal, and then in his second stint the Villa disaster.

He underlined why he would have been a catastrophe and yet even after all that some believed he should have been handed the Everton job. Incredible.

A lot of people couldn't disentangle the personality from the issue.

He sat in on the Chelsea game and then when he weas tasked to carry that forward it got progressivley worse...United then Leicester then Arsenal, and then in his second stint the Villa disaster.

He underlined why he would have been a catastrophe and yet even after all that some believed he should have been handed the Everton job. Incredible.
Exactly right mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back