2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a cowardly performance.

Two moments stood out, the first him and Patterson piddling around in defence leading him to lose possession he nonchalantly tracked their player back never looking that bothered. Then after their second goal he's 50-50 to get the ball by their box and gets nowhere near it to scared to attempt to win it.

Just like Maupay I feel this deal got done because it was easy and relatively cheap to do.

Worst recruitment we've ever done you could argue. We knew absolutely everything we needed to know about him. He had well over a hundred appearances in the top flight for a club down the road. And yet we still decided to part with 20m. A player who plays in attack and went 50 games without a goal.

Sometimes you just dont help yourself in sport.
it was a ridiculous signing. a side with no pace in it last year. there must be some idiots involved in our scouting system. but this lies with frank. he should have said no thank you. get me quality.

Worst recruitment we've ever done you could argue. We knew absolutely everything we needed to know about him. He had well over a hundred appearances in the top flight for a club down the road. And yet we still decided to part with 20m. A player who plays in attack and went 50 games without a goal.

Sometimes you just dont help yourself in sport.

And he'll be extremely difficult to shift because no one is going to offer him anywhere near the money he's getting here.

I honestly thought he would be a decent buy.
Hasn't looked one yet.
I was the opposite. I had no idea why we were signing him. No pace in an already slow side. 1 footed. has a poor goal scoring record. I saw zero attributes and was dumbfounded why they thought he would be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back