2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had a solid 2nd half of the season where he displayed some quality I wonder if he can parlay that into an endorsement deal maybe not with addidas or Nike , do they have brands of cpap machines because the way he predominantly breathes through his mouth that dude probably snores like a dragon

People going way over the top in both directions on this guy.

Let’s be straight - he was genuinely awful in the first half of the season - signed as a front 3 player which has never been his game.
His confidence and performances improved massively after Dyche came and the set up changed, but the lad will never be a world beater.
how many world beaters are there really in the premier league. why is there a need to even predict his ceiling. arent we all supporting the same team and players. he’s still young and will only get much better with more games and more hard work which he is clearly putting in. one training video in the alps showed him miles ahead of the rest in some bleep test.

how many world beaters are there really in the premier league. why is there a need to even predict his ceiling. arent we all supporting the same team and players. he’s still young and will only get much better with more games and more hard work which he is clearly putting in. one training video in the alps showed him miles ahead of the rest in some bleep test.

every team has one bar us

Wouldnt be surprised if he goes up a level this season and is our best player
He was our best player for the final third of the season or so. What I like about him is he’s technically able, direct but also really hardworking.

He can support the defence too. Hopefully, we can get the balance of the squad right to let him go forward more than having to sit deeper like he did occasionally.

If he becomes able to actually kick a ball with his left foot, we could have a very good player on our hands, who is still a mere twenty-three.

I think far too often people’s preconceptions cloud their view of what they actually see in front of them.

His name is Dwight, he was signed from Burnley, he’s a pretty quiet reserved chap.

All those things aren’t fashionable or make him stand out. However on the pitch he’s shown that he’s a capable player and still at the age of 23 can develop.

Comments like ‘he’s too slow for a winger’ and then we all see to our surprise he’s definitely not slow- not blistering pace but definitely not slow. But people still say he is.

Get out of your already made up mind and watch what’s actually in front of you.

He was our best player for the final third of the season or so. What I like about him is he’s technically able, direct but also really hardworking.

He can support the defence too. Hopefully, we can get the balance of the squad right to let him go forward more than having to sit deeper like he did occasionally.

If he becomes able to actually kick a ball with his left foot, we could have a very good player on our hands, who is still a mere twenty-three.
Thought he looked absolutely full of confidence aswell, which seems to have carried into the new season with him dominating the bleep test and carrying the ball in the friendly. Sometimes that little run that makes a young player click mentally can take them forward a few gears and I hope thats the case with McNeil.

Wouldnt be surprised if he goes up a level this season and is our best player
The way he gets elevated imo is by having better footballers around him

Having a proper striker with movement or arial presence or pace for a whole season would definitely see Dwight’s assists go up!

Also I like and respect Doucoure under Dyche for what he did but he’s not a link up play kind of midfielder and I think the more players we can get around him that can play quick football the better he’ll be

I really like McNeil. The lad doesn't rely on raw pace which means he'll continue to be effective into his later years. He has many strings to his bow which make him unpredictable.

Can he dribble, yes.
Can he cross, yes,
Can he shoot, yes

With a decent striker or two to aim at, fullbacks won't know whether he's going to cross, go past them or cut inside and shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back