2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the more words someone needs to write about a topic as simple as football, the more wrong the opinion probably is

We’re all Everton fans, most of us watch every minute of every Everton game so whilst opinions will differ, there’s general consensus amongst an informed fan base.

If I say the three statements of
‘McNeill was our best attacker under Dyche’
‘McNeill was effective on the LW getting balls in the box, cutting inside and linking play, getting shots off and winning corners’
‘McNeill had a tough job with no attacking LB support, having to get back and offer lots of defensive support and often having nobody in the box’
Most people agree with these statements
Yes, but does any of that “pass the eye test”…

I find the more words someone needs to write about a topic as simple as football, the more wrong the opinion probably is

We’re all Everton fans, most of us watch every minute of every Everton game so whilst opinions will differ, there’s general consensus amongst an informed fan base.

If I say the three statements of
‘McNeill was our best attacker under Dyche’
‘McNeill was effective on the LW getting balls in the box, cutting inside and linking play, getting shots off and winning corners’
‘McNeill had a tough job with no attacking LB support, having to get back and offer lots of defensive support and often having nobody in the box’
Most people agree with these statements
Unarguable, except to one person. In a 433 he’s not good either side - he’s not an out and out forward. Looks a natural left midfielder to me, fits Dyche’s 451 very well, was very good for us in attack and defence last third of the season.

I actually think can he can shine as a LB.
I'm not sure you're capable of forming a real opinion on a footballer:

Cornet is better than him

Id take Niasse over this guy. Atleast niasse can beat him in a sprint

What a disgrace he should be nowhere near the #7 shirt. So slow in pace and reaction I’m seriously shocked about how bad he is. We need a new signing that’s going to replace him asap.

Who does he replace Chris?
Iwobi - nope
Onana - nope
Number 10 - nope reaction speed is too slow.

He’s a waste admit it and stop doubting yourself

Klaassen type of player. He doesn’t even break plays he losses the play 80% of the time.

Terrible player

Exactly I can’t say anything bad about McNeal. The admins get way too emotional and ban me. Like face it. He’s a very terrible player there’s no way around it and no other premier league team even gave a sniff around him

Lewis Dobbin is better than this guy.

I don’t know who’s a worse signing McNeil or Sandro…

We need to strip the #7 off him. Disgrace even wearing that number. Loan him out permanently

Clown of a player

People going way over the top in both directions on this guy.

Let’s be straight - he was genuinely awful in the first half of the season - signed as a front 3 player which has never been his game.
His confidence and performances improved massively after Dyche came and the set up changed, but the lad will never be a world beater.

Let’s be straight - he was genuinely awful in the first half of the season - signed as a front 3 player which has never been his game.
His confidence and performances improved massively after Dyche came and the set up changed, but the lad will never be a world beater.
I agree he was awful and also your reason why he was awful under Lampard backs up most of our points too - he was awful when he wasn’t being played as a left winger so let’s not mess around with him whilst he’s performing well doing what he was doing.

I’ve not seen anyone saying anything over the top positive, just that he was our best forward under Dyche and to move him would be an unnecessary risk.

He won’t but how many world beaters have we had during the PL era? Rooney, Andrei, Rom maybe

Think we would all be happy if he achieved a Pienaar level of status

Under Dyche he's certainly looked like the kind of player we orignally hoped we were getting. Smashed his PB last season for both goals and assists.

If he can reach into double-figures next season that'll represent another solid improvement for a player who's still only 23 years old.

Under Dyche he's certainly looked like the kind of player we orignally hoped we were getting. Smashed his PB last season for both goals and assists.

If he can reach into double-figures next season that'll represent another solid improvement for a player who's still only 23 years old.
Any striker worth his salt will get plenty of assists from this lad.

Sick of watching him put some superb balls into the Fun zone only to see Maupay strolling outside the area.

Just need a decent striker or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back