2023/24 Dwight McNeil

Don't like the fact people keep bringing up the situation with his missus, seems pretty crass.

He's always been rubbish but for extremely brief purple patches, this isn't a recent thing just because of his personal life.

There were several times last night he could've carried the ball up the pitch or had a pop at goal, just as there was against Man City, and he just passes the buck. It's not good enough.
Nah, he had a much better season last year, so his personal life or something must be playing a part this season cos he hasn't been able to hit any form.
The lad is good player, he hasn't just lost that without reason.

He's relying on Myko this year, a complete turnaround from last season.

We need that left peg hitting the back of the net like we know it can.

Nah, he had a much better season last year, so his personal life or something must be playing a part this season cos he hasn't been able to hit any form.

He had a good back half of last season, but before that, since that, and just about his entire time at Burnley, the lad was poor to mediocre.

He’s a bottom 6 Prem player, like Gray/Townsend are.

But for a brief purple patch toward the end of last season, he was pretty much the same as this one.

He's just not very good, imo.

Last edited:
He had a good back half of last season, but before that, since that, and just about his entire time at Burnley, the lad was poor to mediocre.

He’s a bottom 6 Prem player, like Gray/Townsend are.
Look where we're sitting..

He's a better player then what he's shown this season, that doesn't make him fantastic, but it does show we've lost something in him this season.

Like anything I think there is a middle ground. I don’t think McNeil is a terrible players but I also don’t think he’s getting into a European challenging team.

That can be said for pretty much all of our players except maybe one or two.

The question I’d ask is how many of our team would get in Villa’s team because they seem to be the “best of the rest” at the moment. My answer is maybe Branthwaite and in time, Onana.

The slowest winger in the league playing for a team who spend most of the game defending and hoping for a quick counter attack - no wonder he’s poor. He can make things happen. I don’t think Dyche’s game plan helps him.

Anyone ever considered him playing in the Doucoure role in future? He is our best chance creator from open play and set pieces atm his downsides are pace and he's quite one-footed obviously, but I think he is better than Doucoure in the build up. Don't want to get rid of Doucs, would even play him as a striker rather than DCL atm.