2024/25 Dwight McNeil

Playing him through the middle makes me want to scream. There has never been a more one footed player in professional football to my memory.

Every time he takes ages to get the right pass away because the ball is too far away from his left foot and every time he turns back towards goal because he can't turn to face goal using his left foot makes me absolutely rage

He's fine from the left with licence to come inside at times. Starting him in the middle means you're accentuating his limitations.

Yes he played a pass for the 3rd goal, even though it was a little short, Myko has to stop and the cross came off the defender and he went on a could of decent runs
Think we need to consider the opposition though.

I would give him a go behind DCL in the Doucoure position, drop Doucoure and put Ndiaye out wide, then again i suppose it doesnt matter when all we do is lump it upfield.

He looked good there in the 2nd half tbf mate, I did find that him and McNeil were occupying the same space a lot though, something for the manager to consider for sure.

I think he might be left footed this lad.
I can never understand when professional footballers are so one footed. Their literal job is to practice playing football. Surely if he spent as little as 5% of his time practicing with his right foot then he could make short passes, take the odd pot-shot, run the other way round a defender (actually he doesn't take it past a defender with his left peg, so scratch that one!).

"Teacher, teacher, it's my goal" while staring out an impressive new young player who deserved the goal.

Attachments

• screenshot-www.youtube.com-2024.08.28-01_09_54.png
    screenshot-www.youtube.com-2024.08.28-01_09_54.png
    397.8 KB · Views: 2

For me, McNeil reminds me of a few lads I play footy with (relatively speaking of course). They have a lot more technical ability than myself and most lads on the pitch, but they they just can't get themselves about the pitch so lads like me who have the technical ability of a baby giraffe in roller skates, but can at least run all game and press, can really make someone like him struggle to get into any rhythm and enjoy his game.

But every now and then that same lad will absolutely run the show, especially if given time and space. He's just quite an old school baller for me.

I think we terrify our players into not being creative because they scared not to make a mistake.

As a result none of them want to try anything in case it goes wrong and the crowd turns on them.

As a whole me may be stifling our own team’s creativity. Look what happened yesterday once the confidence came.

Ndiaye was cheered on and was by far the most forward looking player.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back