2024/25 Dwight McNeil

He's the player I would leave out next week for Ndiaye

Other than striking the ball half decent from range, I'm not sure what else he offers. He's just far too slow to play as an attacking option.

All 4 attackers were really poor today but he was certainly worse than Harrison out of the two wide players.

Slow not just in terms of overall speed but also his decision making. Always feel like he's on the verge of wasting possession as well.

This team is crying out for a couple of attacking midfielders who can build attacks and put the opposition under sustained pressure. God knows how many years it's been now since Pienaar left but it still feels like we never replaced him.

Surely his shot that hit the post should have been called back for offside? Doucoure looked yards off when he got the ball.

Surely his shot that hit the post should have been called back for offside? Doucoure looked yards off when he got the ball.
Yes, but McNeil didn't know that at the time. His attempts to score were scandalous. It's no wonder we struggle when our forwards put so much needless pressure on our defence to be perfect. This fella's lack of conviction needs calling out. Again, another one who can never be dropped, it seems.

Useless on the counter as he's too slow, main offender for slowing down/stopping any attack or momentum as he has to turn infield and go backwards to avoid using his obviously artificial right foot.

Utter yard dog of a player

While I agree he slows counters … doucs is by far and away the biggest hindrance to our attack… can’t pick a pass, can’t dibble, constantly offside and has no link up ability.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.