2024/25 Dwight McNeil

Those two 'efforts' of his were utterly embarrassing. What a waste of space this fella is.

The whole move was absolutely eye AIDS football . Both players offside , the ball from doucs was gash but still gave McNeil a decent chance , he missed from 7 yards out , the rebound came back , he hit it so bad that it missed the target and went out for a throw in , but not before passing a flat footed , gormless doucs at the back post would didn’t anticipate or finish off what would have been an open goal if they went offside in the first place ( bare in mind that none of them knew they were offside at this stage )

He epitomises everything that is absolutely crap about Everton. If someone asked me "say one word that best describes Everton", I'd say "Mcneil" and they'd know exactly what I meant.

Slow, gormless, pondering one legged bottler whose first thought when he gets the ball is to either boot it to no one in particular, or run for 50 yards sideways with the ball until he can find a pass with his left foot. That crossfield ball in the 2nd half where Brighton should have scored was diabolical. Problem is, he didn't get flipped on by anyone.

They're all so weak and timid, they don't demand anything but mediocrity from each other and Mcneil is absolutely top dog of mediocrity.

He had a genuine reason for looking like a Vanorama League player for a while during his mrs' illness, but that goodwill can only last so long when you're employed as a professional footballer and taking home tens of thousands a week.

Undoubtedly at the time the club will have offered him counselling, paid time off to be with his partner, etc. Stuff a regular person wouldn't get. I get why he didn't look like a half decent player during that time.

That goodwill for me ran out before the start of 2024 (when his mrs was on the mend and he came out thanking the club for its support). He's been an absolute embarrassment for far too long - the epitome of a nothing player.

When you think about wingers what attributes come to mind? A burst of acceleration, the ability of take on your opponent, being consistently dangerous in the final third, so much so that causes opposition teams to change their tactics to nullify your danger, a handful of goals each season, pinpoint crossing ability.

This crab offers NONE of that. His only real talent is he can swing in a good corner.

Yet another disastrous Everton transfer.

Sometimes I think we let him down by not having any runners around him. It's like his whole game is just to defend from further up the pitch.

Sometimes I think we let him down by not having any runners around him. It's like his whole game is just to defend from further up the pitch.

Full backs offer our wingers no support and Doucoure/DCL have difficulties getting a simple pass under control so being a winger is a hard slog for us. McNeil is still really poor though. Don't think he'd start for any other team in the league outside the bottom 4 or 5.

Full backs offer our wingers no support and Doucoure/DCL have difficulties getting a simple pass under control so being a winger is a hard slog for us. McNeil is still really poor though. Don't think he'd start for any other team in the league outside the bottom 4 or 5.

It's been a problem for ages and it's an * next to both McNeil and Harrison.

I don't know the answer - but I do know none of our full backs are worth crossing the half way line so I understand gaining defensive solidarity when we're playing % football.

It's been a problem for ages and it's an * next to both McNeil and Harrison.

I don't know the answer - but I do know none of our full backs are worth crossing the half way line so I understand gaining defensive solidarity when we're playing % football.
I agree with you. I think we can summarise by saying both McNeil and Harrison are absolutely abysmal offensively, and their manager's appetite for a defensive team makes them look even worse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.