Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dwight McNeil

Prefer him or Ndayie as a 10? I know who I'd prefer. In fact I'd have Lindstrom at 10 ahead of McNeil.

He's just a pretty average and very slow footballer
That's a bit far at the moment. The guy can't even get off the bench.

McNeil has a good touch and dribbles well, speed is less of an issue as a 10. And I agree with the above, Ndiaye looked very good on the left, why mess with that, at least in the short term?

I think we all remember him playing as a winger and never beating his man, only really creating when he tucked inside and think that's the player he is. I thought it was very obvious from the beginning of his Everton career that he'd struggle in wide areas. The jury is out on how productive he'll be in the middle but the early returns are pretty good.

That's a bit far at the moment. The guy can't even get off the bench.

McNeil has a good touch and dribbles well, speed is less of an issue as a 10. And I agree with the above, Ndiaye looked very good on the left, why mess with that, at least in the short term?

I think we all remember him playing as a winger and never beating his man, only really creating when he tucked inside and think that's the player he is. I thought it was very obvious from the beginning of his Everton career that he'd struggle in wide areas. The jury is out on how productive he'll be in the middle but the early returns are pretty good.
As you say, speed is not so much an issue as a 10, the fact that he can't or won't, kick the ball with his right foot may well make it fairly simple to contain him. Surely he will just be shown on to his right side constantly. He a tidy footballer, but, at this level. If you are so one footed, you have to be lightening quick or very strong to get away with it. Unfortunately McNeill is as quick as a glacier and as strong as a kitten.

As you say, speed is not so much an issue as a 10, the fact that he can't or won't, kick the ball with his right foot may well make it fairly simple to contain him. Surely he will just be shown on to his right side constantly. He a tidy footballer, but, at this level. If you are so one footed, you have to be lightening quick or very strong to get away with it. Unfortunately McNeill is as quick as a glacier and as strong as a kitten.

I'm in no way comparing the players other than they're both left footed and slow, but Odegaard is not that quick.

At some point, hopefully, the club will be in better shape and we'll attract better players than McNeil. But if you look at our squad, his best fit is in that 10 role.

I also think the left dominant thing is a bit overblown. I don't see him losing the ball constantly, he's been a PL player for 6 years it's not as if the league doesn't know him.

I'm in no way comparing the players other than they're both left footed and slow, but Odegaard is not that quick.

At some point, hopefully, the club will be in better shape and we'll attract better players than McNeil. But if you look at our squad, his best fit is in that 10 role.

I also think the left dominant thing is a bit overblown. I don't see him losing the ball constantly, he's been a PL player for 6 years it's not as if the league doesn't know him.
I think you may have answered yourself there, you are not comparing them, they can not be compared, Odegaard is in a different league. Odegaard is left footed and slowish, but, his left foot is so much better than McNeil's, he is a quicker slow coach, he is more robust than McNeil and he sees a pass and plays it. That's why he plays for Arsenal and McNeil plays for us. McNeil really doesn't see a game unfolding in front of him, Odegaard does.

Great goal, better of a ball in (not the assist but one from the left).

Needs to not be so sloppy with other parts of his game when he's got the ball but at least he's affecting the game in the right areas. That's 2 assists and a goal in his last 2 games

Great goal, better of a ball in (not the assist but one from the left).

Needs to not be so sloppy with other parts of his game when he's got the ball but at least he's affecting the game in the right areas. That's 2 assists and a goal in his last 2 games
Was coming on here to say that. He is so sloppy on the ball at times. Just doesn't take care of the ball enough. Can be and is at times very dangerous for us but got to look after the ball a bit better

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back