Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dwight McNeil

Always happens mate once a player is t with us anymore.

Give it a few years and Onana will have been Vierra reborn when he was at us.

Funniest one I do see said though is Osman now seems to get positive comments about how good he was, at the time he was one of the lads who got none stop dogs abuse on here.
For Onana it was obvious he'd do better in a better team that actually tries to play football, and so far it seems to be the case. There's a reason he was 50m but we, as a fanbase, are stuck 20-30 years ago with both mentality and manager, and didn't value passing but instead, uh... No idea what, maybe running a lot with no product? Chasing shadows? Maybe it's that, as Doucoure is valued a lot higher than him :lol:

Anyway, he was good enough to play for/captain Belgium, but not good enough for Everton and "we wouldn't even miss him when he leaves, the useless git" and so on.

Osman is a snake and maybe the only player I've seen who is physically slower than McNeil. Early on he was decent for pace, but the more the years went on the exponentially slower he got. Had a great touch as well though, he was just small really. Oh yeah and a SNAKE

Always happens mate once a player is t with us anymore.

Give it a few years and Onana will have been Vierra reborn when he was at us.

Funniest one I do see said though is Osman now seems to get positive comments about how good he was, at the time he was one of the lads who got none stop dogs abuse on here.

…never from me re Osman, I watched him on a regular basis coming through the ranks and he was a little maestro of a footballer.

For Onana it was obvious he'd do better in a better team that actually tries to play football, and so far it seems to be the case. There's a reason he was 50m but we, as a fanbase, are stuck 20-30 years ago with both mentality and manager, and didn't value passing but instead, uh... No idea what, maybe running a lot with no product? Chasing shadows? Maybe it's that, as Doucoure is valued a lot higher than him :lol:

Anyway, he was good enough to play for/captain Belgium, but not good enough for Everton and "we wouldn't even miss him when he leaves, the useless git" and so on.

Osman is a snake and maybe the only player I've seen who is physically slower than McNeil. Early on he was decent for pace, but the more the years went on the exponentially slower he got. Had a great touch as well though, he was just small really. Oh yeah and a SNAKE
Little story about Osman being a snake. A few years ago my cousin and his mate won tickets to the bellew/Haye fight at ringside. They were mingling with the likes of Froch, Joshua etc all night. At the end of the fight, and as they were leaving, about 6 former Everton players(think it was Moyes, Distin Cahill Osman etc) walked past so they started chatting to them and just walked in their direction. They went into some VIP lounge and the bouncer assumed my cousin and his mate were in the party, Only for good old Leon to turn around and say these two arnt with us. Apparently even the bouncer said to them “ I can’t believe he’s done that to you”

Before he got massively into the tv/radio stuff I’ve seen him out watching Everton and seemed as passionate as any fan . So the dislike you perceive feels on brand
It's just weird to be honest like, any other team's ex players sound at least a bit enthused or more passionate to comment their ex or favourite teams games. Then we have Leon "20 years spent at Everton" Osman who talks about us like he's got a gun pointed at his head and hates doing it.

Lad is probably a fan, he was here for his entire career bar 2 short loan spells when he was young, but jesus is he boring :lol:

Little story about Osman being a snake. A few years ago my cousin and his mate won tickets to the bellew/Haye fight at ringside. They were mingling with the likes of Froch, Joshua etc all night. At the end of the fight, and as they were leaving, about 6 former Everton players(think it was Moyes, Distin Cahill Osman etc) walked past so they started chatting to them and just walked in their direction. They went into some VIP lounge and the bouncer assumed my cousin and his mate were in the party, Only for good old Leon to turn around and say these two arnt with us. Apparently even the bouncer said to them “ I can’t believe he’s done that to you”
Hahahahaha that's incredible

Understood, hopefully next time he froths a bit more.
MORE PASSION LAD

But nah he's just insanely boring as a pundit, might be an "on camera fright" kind of thing, who knows, but with him trying to be as impartial/unsupportive of us it just feels off.

I don't expect him to be punching the mic and stuff like that obviously but at least show something like. Don't think any fan, even trying to be impartial, will be this mellowed when (co)commenting their favourite teams' games.

Siggurdsons signing for me was the moment I started to realise we didn't hd eBay clue what we were doing.

Signed him, Klaasen and Rooney to play the same position, making two our highest ever contracts and one our highest ever transfer fee - in context we paid almost double for him what we paid for Lukaku.

As a player Siggurdson was just talented enough that for a crap side he'd do some individual moments that would snatch a point or three - priceless to a Swansea etc. for a better side they want a guy who can do that whilst contributing also for the full 90 - which Siggurdson didn't do.

Same was true of Bolasie to an extent.

Truly horrible wastes of money during this period.

Yes was similar for me, between him and Bolasie really. Spent a fortune on guys who were in their late 20s.

We had a really good team then too, much better than this team, so never really made a lot of sense.

The point re Sigurdson/McNeil though, is they are similar but we paid a lot less for McNeil and he was a lot younger and on less wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back