Dyche out Moyes in.

Im pleased for you that you can't remember the Moyes versions of what happened today.

There were plenty though, and id hate to see his smug face knowing WE crawled back to HIM.

So no, absolutely not.

Dyche has his bad points, but id still sooner keep him for now and work on fixing the capitulation from today. I honestly dont think manager number 9 (or 11 depending on if you count caretakers) in 10 years is the way to go.
Not saying I want him back. Certainly NOT! We have had so many crap managers over the years since Moyes (exception perhaps Carlo, for a fleeting moment while he awaited his appointment to the Spanish elite).
Yes, Moyes had many capitulations on his watch, I do remember them sadly, but this collapse set a new record for the premiere league that Moyes, and none after him, had achieved until Dyche.
How many more such records do we need to break before things go right finally?

I said yesterday I'd consider him if we are in the position of needing someone new - and I would, but, he would be at the tail end of the list of possibles for me.

I have an air of dread about another managerial change even if it's necessary. If they had the ability to attract a more progressive candidate then go for it.

I don't know if it's delusional or not, but I think we're better than this. Dyche has been given new options, I didn't think the window would go as relatively well as it did actually.

It's just sobering the list of managers that have come here and failed. Clearly there are mitigating circumstances but still you cling to a hope that someone can rise above it.

Dyche seems to have changed since last season. He has become downbeat, narky, and sulky. He seems to be morphing into someone that is looking for excuses at every turn now. That's only three games in. It's not as if he's giving us his services for nothing. Two games to save his job as I see it and and all probability one of those is an expected defeat.

I am sorry but this will upset some people but I don't want Moyes. In my opinion he has had his time here. We need to move on and get rid of the past, and what do they say, never go back. Lets start again with a new owner and new manager.

I agree with you.

It's worth noting that at the time he performed amazing for us is when he had a chairman he was completely on the same level as and 'settled'. Similarly at West Ham.

He's gone into Sunderland and United when they were in precarious positions and failed.

There is no guarantee that he'd come in and do what he did at West Ham.

I think it would be a mistake.

I think Moyes might be a bit 2+2=5. With the death of Kenwright there’s no one senior at the club with any connection to Moyes and also Moyes’ last experience with Moshiri (getting ditched last minute) wasn’t a positive one so maybe he’d have no intention of accepting anyway.

Whoever would be contributing input into a managerial appointment whether that’s Moshiri, Thelwell or even Textor, I’m not sure they’d have any strong attraction to Moyes other than availability.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back