Dyche out Moyes in.

Thing is though we simply don't have the players for some revolution in style. We need to evolve the style but trying to turn it on its head overnight would be a disaster. For me Moyes is maybe still the guy who could do that job.

Hopefully we stay up, get new ownership, get rid of Dyche and get in somone like potter or similar who actually plays football.

Short memories from some in here.

Moyes' last few years at Everton we played some superb football. Dyche will NEVER play attractive football. Never.

Dyche is far more negative and his football is awful.
The football we started with today was good, but the usual happened. We missed chances due to poor quality, other team scored, goodison got moody, denied a pen, collapse follows.

Thing is Tony, I often think that's a throwaway excuse made.

In terms of the squad, the individual players are capable but not when it's just a trial for a game then abandoning it - usually with a hotchpotch of grafters in the squad.

Right now for example we have three CBS, two of them.good on the ball and tarks is half decent too, two have definitely the pace to play a high line even.

Garner, Gueye, Tim all pretty decent technically, all have good movement too. Lindstrom and Ndiaye both technically good, both good pace too.

DCL is better than just using him.like a crouch or Carroll as well.

And Pickford's a top keeper.

They are capable with a manager whose decent enough - rather than one who frankly focuses on fitness as the 1&2&3 of importance. Which given how we play it has to be as we spend twice as much energy due to never having the ball.

Our main issue is we hire the wrong managers like lampard, I'm still hopeful because I see us recruiting now to players who whilst they have qualities Dyche wants they also have way more than just that to their game, so not as fearful about a different manager being left with square pegs.
I agree with you that the players are probably better than they are being allowed to show, either through tactics or selection. I really don't think those players at the centre of the park are good enough, at PL level, for a massive change to a more attractive possession based game.

And if you are going to make that big a stylistic change, it has to be over the summer, so for me the choice this year will be persisting with Dyche until his contract expires (or extending IF things improve) or replacing him with a manager who can evolve within a similar style.

I agree with you that the players are probably better than they are being allowed to show, either through tactics or selection. I really don't think those players at the centre of the park are good enough, at PL level, for a massive change to a more attractive possession based game.

And if you are going to make that big a stylistic change, it has to be over the summer, so for me the choice this year will be persisting with Dyche until his contract expires (or extending IF things improve) or replacing him with a manager who can evolve within a similar style.

Agree

The football we started with today was good, but the usual happened. We missed chances due to poor quality, other team scored, goodison got moody, denied a pen, collapse follows.
Shows sporadic moments of decent football but it's mainly woeful. Smash the ball forward and hope for the best. My lads under 15 team can do that

At what point?

All we did in the first half was long balls over to Jack Harrison that ultimately came to nothing because he can’t find an Everton player with a cross, ever.

Wasn’t moyes the one that would play Neville at cdm? Not convinced he wouldn’t have started the same exact team today

Moyes had a bang average West Ham side going for the top 6, and won a European trophy, are we honestly saying that he isn’t an upgrade on Dyche? I’d have him here tomorrow, and we’d be nowhere near trouble.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.