Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Dyche out Moyes in.

After the game Moyes is alleged …… that means no proof. What paper is that by the way???

The source is some fan on Twitter!

“Tweeting under the name @daveywallbank, Wallbank made a series of revelations about his alleged conversation with Moyes.

“He deleted his account once a furore developed over his controversial claims.”

After the game Moyes is alleged …… that means no proof. What paper is that by the way???
The fella tried to take 2 of our best players at the time, on the cheap as he knew his “best mate” kenwright was skint. He even was quoted as saying Everton were holding back their careers!!
Don’t want him anywhere near the club

Well I think you've hit the nail on the head with the final sentence. Yes , if you are going to appoint a Potter or Edin Turzic with a polar opposite style to Dyche you want them to have the pre season to work with the players and inculcate their ideas whereas Moyes whilst being a far better manager than Dyche is in a similar vein and more of a pragmatist.

I think Moyes would easily get this squad safe leaving the way free for a bolder appointment in the summer.

Would Moyes take it ? Who knows.
The team Moyes handed to Martinez was outstanding. It’s never been matched since, in my opinion. Built on a reasonable budget too.

Moyes proved he can build a side that can both play excellent football, and which was pretty tough to beat.

The fella tried to take 2 of our best players at the time, on the cheap as he knew his “best mate” kenwright was skint. He even was quoted as saying Everton were holding back their careers!!
Don’t want him anywhere near the club
Let’s not forget he had already agreed the contract with United 6 months before he left. Yes he did a decent job with Everton but he was shocking with sociedad, Sunderland and west ham first time around was so so. A golf buddy of mine is a West Ham fan and couldn’t wait to see the back of him as were the majority of hammers fans as his football style was abject despite having some great attacking talent.

Do anyone have alternatives that can come in to this holy mess and 💩 show and stop our managed decline further? I really don't get the angst and opposition towards Moyes. I know there's a lot of times we can be angry at Moyes about I was angry about how he treated us after he joined MU. I rejoiced when we beat them under Martinez when Moyes had the grim reaper standing behind him in the Enclosure. He was sacked after that if I recall correctly. The thing is there's a lot of water under the bridge. Remember when Rooney came back? He was welcome back wasn't he? He was doing okay until he was moved to midfield. Maybe for some time hasn't healed. Fair enough. I just think he will be the right man at the right time to sort this mess out. Perhaps like Dyche did a job initially. Now Dyche is part of the problem.

I just don't think as a club we're in a good place for one of those "up & coming managers" or long term managers. We need a stable footing. We need calm.
While Moyes might be a bit divisive I think that'll pass. Dyche on the other hand, he's like fuel to a fire right now. I think Moyes will help restore things. But the club is also fuelling this chaos by not acting. Why is this acceptable to continue like this? What's this "credit in the bank"? It's an utter calamity from this football club.

Let’s not forget he had already agreed the contract with United 6 months before he left. Yes he did a decent job with Everton but he was shocking with sociedad, Sunderland and west ham first time around was so so. A golf buddy of mine is a West Ham fan and couldn’t wait to see the back of him as were the majority of hammers fans as his football style was abject despite having some great attacking talent.
Nope. He came into relegation fights at Sociedad and West Ham and kept both up. Hardly “shocking.” If he was shocking they wouldn’t have brought him back. How did he do during his second stint?

The team Moyes handed to Martinez was outstanding. It’s never been matched since, in my opinion. Built on a reasonable budget too.

Moyes proved he can build a side that can both play excellent football, and which was pretty tough to beat.
It was Martinez who took Moyes team to another level, 6 months earlier Martinez destroyed Moyes Everton team 0-3 at goodison with a very weak Wigan team

The success of a managerial appointment has a lot to do with chemistry.

The relationship with the fans (some of whom would be on the fence with Moyes)

The harmony between them and the owner (other than at West Ham, he's had a mixed bag since leaving Kenwright)

He's an improvement on Dyche and would keep us up but he's absolutely 100% not the right hire to take the team forward once a new owner is found.

It was Martinez who took Moyes team to another level, 6 months earlier Martinez destroyed Moyes Everton team 0-3 at goodison with a very weak Wigan team
I think it was a melding of the two wasn’t it? Moyes’ well drilled and physically fit team and Martinez’s fresh modern ideas and play style which eventually collapsed when the team became unfit and the way winning football was played changed

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back