Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is no Real Madrid we are playing?!! Just Dinamo Kiev, and we have a better player on almost every position. The only team we should fear is Zenit, because that is the only team that has world class players (Garay,Hulk,Witsel)
Just Dinamo Kiev ? They are top in the league & in all games (league/cup) this season they have only Lost 2 Won 19 & Drawn 3
This will be 2 hard games

Obviously we have to respect Dynamo Kiev, they are a quality club and their team looks to be well organized. Imagine they are a bit like Chelsea, solid especially defensively with some threat going forward as well if maybe a bit boring. Might be wrong and obviously hope so but looks like they will get an early 1-0 win at Goodison and park the bus for the rest of the tie. Will be interesting to see if the away game will be played in Ukraine or not, could make a difference if its played in Cyprus.

Hopefully they get suspended and we get a free pass :p

But seriously had this ever happened in recent years teams getting booted mid tourney I mean
The Guingamp fans were accused of having a provocative banner & there was only a few of them but they had to leave the stadium, if that was in England we would have been banned by UEFA

Obviously we have to respect Dynamo Kiev, they are a quality club and their team looks to be well organized. Imagine they are a bit like Chelsea, solid especially defensively with some threat going forward as well if maybe a bit boring. Might be wrong and obviously hope so but looks like they will get an early 1-0 win at Goodison and park the bus for the rest of the tie. Will be interesting to see if the away game will be played in Ukraine or not, could make a difference if its played in Cyprus.

It'll be behind closed doors i think.

It's a punishment for the Kiev fans, if it's held in Nicosia, then in theory, they could still go to the game, whereas if it's in a closed stadium, they can't. I believe the only reason they played in Nicosia last time, was because there was murder in Kiev, there isn't this time.

It'll be behind closed doors i think.

It's a punishment for the Kiev fans, if it's held in Nicosia, then in theory, they could still go to the game, whereas if it's in a closed stadium, they can't. I believe the only reason they played in Nicosia last time, was because there was murder in Kiev, there isn't this time.

Do you reckon it would be just the Kiev fans excluded or a completely closed stadium?

Are they being allowed to travel over here for the first leg ?

Could be murder.

They would be highly likely to sell out their allocation, they have good travelling support and lots of Ukranians over here would want to support them.

Looking at past incidents... like CSKA Moscow this year, it will be the whole stadium.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-fans-fork-out-4461201 springs to mind. Crap that isn't it.

However, there are ways around it clearly...

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-questions-cska-supporter-ban-194242877--sow.html

Totally, well let's hope it gets moved to a neutral venue then.

Have you been on Google street yet to see if their are any blocks of flats overlooking the ground?:)

Do you reckon it would be just the Kiev fans excluded or a completely closed stadium?

Watched some of the Legia-Ajax match on Thursday and the stadium was completely closed to the public. Only media were there. I imagine they'll do the same for Kyiv if UEFA feels it necessary

Watched some of the Legia-Ajax match on Thursday and the stadium was completely closed to the public. Only media were there. I imagine they'll do the same for Kyiv if UEFA feels it necessary

Someone suggested they might reduce Kievs allocation to create larger areas of empty seats between the two sets of fans, with extra stewards this could be a decent solution without punishing the away (our) fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back