Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has taken the following decisions:

Match: UEFA Europa League 2014/2015, Round of 32, 2nd leg, FC Dynamo Kyiv vs. EA Guingamp (3-1) played on 26 February in Ukraine.

FC Dynamo Kyiv:

Charges: Crowd disturbances – art. 16 (2) (h) of UEFA Disciplinary Regulations; field invasion by supporters – art. 16 (2) (a) DR; setting off/throwing of fireworks and objects – art. 16 (2) (b) & (c) DR; insufficient organisation (stairs blocked) – art. 38 Safety & Security regulations

Sanction: The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has ordered the partial closure of FC Dynamo Kyiv Stadium in which they would play as the host club and, in particular, the sector 21 of their stadium. The Ukrainian club have also been fined €70,000.

http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/index.html#_js

I'm hoping partial closure or a fine rather than behind closed doors. I stayed overnight in kiev once but didn't see 'owt of it and hope to do better this time.

i have been thinking about the "behind closed doors" punishment.

Basically that deprives the match of all its atmosphere and punishes fans of the away team who would have liked to have gone the game.

Playing it a neutral venue affords those guilty supporters of the home team to go to the match, albeit in another country.

And neither of those options is a particularly hard one in terms of the offending team winning the game.

How about if in future a team whise fans behave so badly that their team must be punished both legs of the next round are played at the ground of their opponents?

With supporters of the club whose ground is closed banned from what whichever leg woukd have been their "home" game.

6b76037c9d223973297031700df6ddad.png

This is the only plan of their ground i can find, but sector 21 is tiny.
Surely they are closing more than that

I hope you'll be fine at the stadium! have a good trip there. I guess you need murders to make UEFA move their fat asses. They're useless and lacking balls.

Thanks mate. Appreciate the effort you've made to register and post here. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Great news, game on!! Just booked flights, Thursday 06:40 from Heathrow via Munich, coming back Friday 13:20 via Vienna - £184. Anyone else on these flights and where's everyone staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back