• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise mate if I upset anyone but I'm just sick of football fans especially United Liverpool and spurs always going on about is being nouveau riche without any history. Some Evertonions as well but most on here (if not all) don't mind opposition supporters on this forum and I have always felt welcome so thanks blues. I occasionally post on West Ham's KUMB which is also decent. RAWK is full of bell ends and our own forum Bluemoon has a few knobs posting tbf.
I honestly don't care about the lack of history or whatever. I've always liked City - one of the branches of my mum's family are City fans - and I'm glad you guys are the top team in Manchester now, G-d knows you've had to put up with years of grief from United fans. I just hope the same thing happens to Everton one day. I don't like HOW City's owners made their money, but City are hardly the only club with unscrupulous owners.

I'm not a member of Bluemoon, but I lurk there. It's where I learned the term 'rag'.

Generally GOT is OK with non-blues - there's a couple of Sunderland fans and a Spurs fan who post here regularly - except kopites, because they never manage to behave themselves.

Not really a dig at them but at the media and punditry in general, why is so much being made of City’s goal “only” being 3cm past the goal line? Does it make it less of a goal? Is it any more of a “fine margin” than a ball that touches the back of the net? Should we make the goal line thicker so it goes all the way to the net? They will literally try to sensationalise anything now.

Sheer idiocy these two, don't deserve to be refunded for a such and incredible lack of brains. And now practically holding their hands out in hope they are given free tickets. Not from money obsessed US owners, no way.

Only supporters of that lot would be this daft.

What I took from that.

They planned 10 months in advance, who does that? Especially when fixtures can move including that one in particular.

Bought half the club shop

Didn't even have a legitimate source of tickets

I would question first of all why that match and seems a bit fishy that they could still attend so easy despite the game being moved back a day not too long ago, considering they booked 10 months in advance.

Oh and it's a look how boss of a fan we are with our 101 merch we bought

The entire history of football has been determined by which team can collect the best managerial talent to orchestrate the best playing talent. Money is one component but as United are showing now it’s not everything. Barcelona didn’t win loads between the dream team and Messi’s arrival despite having a huge budget. Mansour gave you the opportunity to get to a level playing field with the rest of the top 6 and it’s been your own good work that has meant you reached that level then surpassed it through top recruitment of both players and managers. Everton fans are envious because we wasted cash on Koeman Walsh and Klaassen. Hopefully we have not wasted our window to get up there with you. Some Everton fans should remember as well that 10 years ago when you were starting the Mansour project off you were nowhere near this level and therefore we should give Silva and Brands some time rather than demanding top 4 football in their first season.

We used to be the Mersey millionaires FFS, so we can’t say anything about spending money. The groups of fans that annoy me are the ones who try and make out their success is more worthy, or righteous, and has a mythical quality to it ‘we did it the right way’ ‘our money is earned the right way’. Basically kopites and United fans. It’s no surprise Liverpool have had relative success under FSG because they went out and identified a top manager, threw money at him, and promised him virtually unlimited funds to spend world record fees on any player in any position he wanted with no trophy target to achieve in his first four seasons. Them trying to then claim that City beating them over recent seasons is down to ‘oil money’ or ‘financial doping’ is hypocritical and laughable.
As I see it City got lucky. And I define luck as taking advantage of an opportunity. Plenty or people and organisations don't do that - we sure haven't! I don't begrudge City their wealth as it has been applied to an excellent team of players under the best manager in a structure that is an exemplar for all to follow.

I'm not saying that the Mansour money is from some magical land of unicorns and pixies where everyone is happy and everything is without reproach, but once it enters the coffers of City it is what City that does with it that matters. Would I want that money at Everton? Probably ... and I wouldn't care a jot what the rs said if we started winning something with it. As for financial doping, given the penalties for it, and the advantages of making the step up into the elite group of teams, I'd risk it. The likes of the rs bellyaching would make it all the sweeter (given that they have broke 2 world records for players in various positions over the last 12 months because that would make them humongous hypocrites).

C'mon City, C'mon Barca.

Deffo true.
They knew a year ago when the fixtures came out that the game would be moved to a Friday night so booked the flights and hotel based on that.

They wouldn't lie....they've got little kids.......with sad faces.......someone let Bill know he may have a couple of fivers left...
Do you know what, you're right. The more I think about this, it stinks. They took the kids off school on Friday to come to a match on Saturday. Hmmm.

The £1k spent on plane tickets and hotels, given the level of preplanning and availability of low cost airlines/ ferries/ hotels from 10 months out means I smell bs.

Then again, they probably knew it was their year this season, so could prepare in advance.

Angela said: "We ended up with the fella at home trying to find us someone. He knew a fella who knew a fella over here. We gave the cash to him in June and he passed it to a fella who passed it to a fella over here called Alex."

I lost count, how many fella's was that? :Blink:
I apologise to all my fine Irish friends, but there were 2 fellas over here and a lumberjack over there in Ireland?

A lumberjack?

Aye, tree fellas.

I apologise mate if I upset anyone but I'm just sick of football fans especially United Liverpool and spurs always going on about is being nouveau riche without any history. Some Evertonions as well but most on here (if not all) don't mind opposition supporters on this forum and I have always felt welcome so thanks blues. I occasionally post on West Ham's KUMB which is also decent. RAWK is full of bell ends and our own forum Bluemoon has a few knobs posting tbf.

We say it because it winds you up. The same as 'Spurs bottled it' that come our way from opposition fans at every opportunity. The same as Woolwich Arsenal are a South London franchise club. Etc etc.

I laugh it off. If i were a City a fan i would just enjoy the ride. Do you really care how your success has been achieved?

Oh...and make sure you win the league. Your country needs you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back