• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcastle just kin hold them to a draw and let's end this charade once and for all. Rafael, we're all behind you. A decade of goodwill from the Blues awaits you.
Total whopperfest this match with 2 sets of the most deluded fans on the planet.
Heard one geordie on a phone in spouting out the usual we get 52000 every other week. Imagine how many we would get if we won something? 52000.

A few posts on here saying that City have no history, well just for you kopite lurkers, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but City were winning European trophies before they were. Also Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle were also winning European trophies before them, yet they say they hav'nt any history. Liverpool had a 'golden' period from 1973 -1990 where they won the majority of their honours and this is what they live on imo. For ffs, they didn't win the FA Cup until 1965. I have no issue with City posistion in football with the money they have, history will tell you that the succesful clubs all spend money to achieve that success. When they won the European cup in 1977, they went out and broke the trans record for Dalglish and Souness. In the 80's they broke it again to buy Barnes and Beardsley, on both occasions they followed it up with winning trophies- so they are contradicting themselves when they complain about City, good luck to City I say.

The footy news cycle this morning: "Man City could be winning the title by relying on millimetres for balls going over the line and being saved from going over the line".

Ha Ha Ha.

Their army of pliant poodles in the media are fewmin.

Wait, wait. So you're telling me that a ball crossing the line is a goal... and a ball not crossing the line isn't? It's the scoop of the century

A few posts on here saying that City have no history, well just for you kopite lurkers, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but City were winning European trophies before they were. Also Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle were also winning European trophies before them, yet they say they hav'nt any history. Liverpool had a 'golden' period from 1973 -1990 where they won the majority of their honours and this is what they live on imo. For ffs, they didn't win the FA Cup until 1965. I have no issue with City posistion in football with the money they have, history will tell you that the succesful clubs all spend money to achieve that success. When they won the European cup in 1977, they went out and broke the trans record for Dalglish and Souness. In the 80's they broke it again to buy Barnes and Beardsley, on both occasions they followed it up with winning trophies- so they are contradicting themselves when they complain about City, good luck to City I say.
Come on rs lurkers
The bar has been set .

They haven’t even played good football (or tried to) since Brendan Rodgers first season.
Kick and rush and long balls over the top has been their m.o since then.

Liverpool have been turgidly economical for about 3/4 of the season. They started off quite rigid, then had a purple patch around December but since the turn of the year have been grinding out wins except against completely pants opposition. Everyone loves winning of course but any claims from kopites that this is one of the most artistic footballing sides in prem history is ridiculous. This is a dog of a team with similarities to Mourinho’s first Chelsea team (except so far without the trophies). A side based around physicality and hard running with a good front three. They are not a patch technique wise on the invincibles, United’s best teams or the City team from 13/14, last year or this year.

They might bully Barcelona off the pitch on Wednesday but they won’t be outplaying them with the ball.

Just waiting for the referee appointments for GW 37 to see if and how the FA are intending to give the RS a helping hand.

Thinking Atkinson for them and Moss for City, but let's see, maybe they will be more subtle in their appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back