• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have been turgidly economical for about 3/4 of the season. They started off quite rigid, then had a purple patch around December but since the turn of the year have been grinding out wins except against completely pants opposition. Everyone loves winning of course but any claims from kopites that this is one of the most artistic footballing sides in prem history is ridiculous. This is a dog of a team with similarities to Mourinho’s first Chelsea team (except so far without the trophies). A side based around physicality and hard running with a good front three. They are not a patch technique wise on the invincibles, United’s best teams or the City team from 13/14, last year or this year.

They might bully Barcelona off the pitch on Wednesday but they won’t be outplaying them with the ball.

Perfectly put.....I was going to post saying similar which is exactly what I see when I watch them. I just couldn't put it as well as you have there.

Liverpool have been turgidly economical for about 3/4 of the season. They started off quite rigid, then had a purple patch around December but since the turn of the year have been grinding out wins except against completely pants opposition. Everyone loves winning of course but any claims from kopites that this is one of the most artistic footballing sides in prem history is ridiculous. This is a dog of a team with similarities to Mourinho’s first Chelsea team (except so far without the trophies). A side based around physicality and hard running with a good front three. They are not a patch technique wise on the invincibles, United’s best teams or the City team from 13/14, last year or this year.

They might bully Barcelona off the pitch on Wednesday but they won’t be outplaying them with the ball.
To be fair, which I appreciate we don't want to be, accumulating that number of points is impressive no matter how they've done it. With "normal" luck they would have about 7 or 8 fewer but that would still have been enough. That said, if they don't win it, it doesn't matter how many points they have, they were top at Christmas and in only 4 Premier League seasons has the leader at Christmas not won if they don't, and 3 of those 4 would be the rs. They were 9 points clear of 2nd, they were 8 points clear of City. They were 7 points clear when the 2 teams met, and could have closed out the league but lost. They have won all of their games when it was out of their hands, but if they don't win it there will have been an element of bottling it and that could haunt them next season, fingers crossed!!

They lock the match thread over there for some reason, but there are a few posts on the Man City thread and they're pretty much all about the
money City - Abu Dhabi FC - have spent to buy their trophies. Bitter, that.

Liverpool don't mind spending hundreds of millions to try and win throphies and they could've bought Agrero, Fernandino, Sane, de Bryne etc if
they'd been as smart and efficient in the market.

city deserve it for the amount of games played and what happened in the cl, a win against Leicester and its done and dusted.
should of been going for the quadruple tho, they may never get that chance again

To be fair, which I appreciate we don't want to be, accumulating that number of points is impressive no matter how they've done it. With "normal" luck they would have about 7 or 8 fewer but that would still have been enough. That said, if they don't win it, it doesn't matter how many points they have, they were top at Christmas and in only 4 Premier League seasons has the leader at Christmas not won if they don't, and 3 of those 4 would be the rs. They were 9 points clear of 2nd, they were 8 points clear of City. They were 7 points clear when the 2 teams met, and could have closed out the league but lost. They have won all of their games when it was out of their hands, but if they don't win it there will have been an element of bottling it and that could haunt them next season, fingers crossed!!

I’m not denying the results and points haul have been amazing (although I think comparisons to teams totals from other seasons is a futile one. All this ‘we’ve got more than United ever did or Arsenal’s invincibles is stupid when another team could finish with one more than you). There’s no doubt they’re strong defensively and can outmuscle most teams and have found a way to score goals to win enough games (almost).

I just don’t think aesthetically they’re as pleasing on the eye as they were last year and not the same type of front foot possession based team that the likes of Barca, City, Arsenal, United’s teams of old have been. They’re of the Chelsea and Leicester mould. Counter punching direct teams who site deep, press high and transition quickly.

they should of won the champions league this season. they would of beaten any club left even barca. that would of toppled fergusons treble in 99
If that was true they would've beaten Spurs. Dont try and say they threw the Champions League to concentrate on keeping the lovable reds off the top of the table. Champions league was their main focus and they fell short to a brilliant Spurs away performance.

Not really a dig at them but at the media and punditry in general, why is so much being made of City’s goal “only” being 3cm past the goal line? Does it make it less of a goal? Is it any more of a “fine margin” than a ball that touches the back of the net? Should we make the goal line thicker so it goes all the way to the net? They will literally try to sensationalise anything now.

If City were given the blatant penalty for the handball then all of the sensationalism wouldnt matter.

They’re winning the title by relying on legitimate goals being given as goals? That’s a new one.
It's clearly cheating. Only 'dee oil clubs' get preferential treatment, whereby balls that go over the line are declared goals, and balls that dont go over the line aren't declared as goals.

UEFA and FIFA make these rules up and are clearly "in on it". The Illuminati and Bilderberg Group also had a hand in this.

:coffee:

Their heads have now fallen off since City won yesterday. Suddenly it's all 'Abu Dhabi' this and 'Financial Fair Play' that. Their reaction today to Sterling winning the PWA Player of the Year award has been very telling as well... god forbid Prince Virgil doesn't clean up this year. lol

If that was true they would've beaten Spurs. Dont try and say they threw the Champions League to concentrate on keeping the lovable reds off the top of the table. Champions league was their main focus and they fell short to a brilliant Spurs away performance.
I half agree half disagree with that.

City wanted to win the Champions League, yes. But it wasn't a sterling Spurs performance by any means. They made a blistering start and then got lucky with two decisions that should have gone the other way. If even one of them had been called correctly then they would be out, and City would be in the semi final.

Wait, wait. So you're telling me that a ball crossing the line is a goal... and a ball not crossing the line isn't? It's the scoop of the century
Konspiracee!

11490-illuminati1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back