• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the strangest thing, because I dont think they think they are rubbing anyones noses in anything, Its more they actually think that other supporters are capable of being seduced by their utter brilliance. (Their words, not mine).

To paraphrase the Millwall chant, "No one likes us, we dont care", "No one likes us? Yes they do" would be more appropriate to that shower. Deluded beyond parody.

Ha exactly and they seem genuinely offended, when you don't agree with them or like their team as much as they do, weird. If we were second in the league or in the CL semi, who would be arsed going on a rivals forum ?

This nonsense is gaining traction with them.

There was some kind of a football journalist on talkSPORT just now making that very point......and he described himself as a “Liverpool fan”.

And he had the south eastern accent to prove it.

“You don’t need to win trophies to be successful......we stand to become the third highest points scorers in English football history even if we come second” he said.

I almost expect them to ditch the dirge as their anthem next year and replace it with the old Nick Berry number, “Every Loser Wins”.

This fellow went into classic Kopite cliche mode about opposition fans finding “the hair on the back of their necks stand up” when they go to The Pit and about those “special European nights”.

Then he came up with a new one, a right old side splitter.....”other team’s fans won’t admit it but they find there is an endearing magnetism about Liverpool F.C.”

(I am not making that up....it is what he said :( )

Winning without winning.

Ha exactly and they seem genuinely offended, when you don't agree with them or like their team as much as they do, weird. If we were second in the league or in the CL semi, who would be arsed going on a rivals forum ?

I know. I have a regular drop at Argos, and one of the lads there is a Kopite. We get on ok, but today he was praising Everton, and giving it the "you seem to be doing great, thanks for stuffing United" stuff, y'know.

He was itching for a compliment about them, couldnt help himself, and blurted out, "Looking forward to the CL games mate?" (translation. "please say something nice")

"Yeah, hope Spurs do well, but like the rest of the country, hope you get rinsed. Arsed by who"

He was genuinely bewildered. But he has been to one match at Anfield and was born in Portishead, so swallows the lot. So to speak.

I know. I have a regular drop at Argos, and one of the lads there is a Kopite. We get on ok, but today he was praising Everton, and giving it the "you seem to be doing great, thanks for stuffing United" stuff, y'know.

He was itching for a compliment about them, couldnt help himself, and blurted out, "Looking forward to the CL games mate?" (translation. "please say something nice")

"Yeah, hope Spurs do well, but like the rest of the country, hope you get rinsed. Arsed by who"

He was genuinely bewildered. But he has been to one match at Anfield and was born in Portishead, so swallows the lot. So to speak.

The correct response here should have been: “why? You utter biff”

The kopites who went around Rome on the day of last year's CL SF 2nd leg asking people if they had ever heard of Everton took the biscuit.

They can't just enjoy anything for what it is without needing constant re-assurance about their own status. The patent lack of silverware in recent times hits them badly and so it should.

The bile that will come our way in the event they end up with nothing will be well worth it.
Or the ones who are on holiday and the first thing they do is post about Everton.

Which is obnoxious enough, but it's them whingeing at us whenever we talk about them when they do EXACTLY THE SAME THING that gets my goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back