• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
City could end up this season winning a domestic treble on the back of a season when they broke 100 points. Liverpool could end up another season empty handed yet Salah and Van Dijk have been player of the year. If I was Bernardo Silva Sterling or Laporte I’d be fuming. Like seriously apart from run his gob off in the media at every given opportunity what has Van Dijk done on the pitch that Laporte hasn’t? Nothing.
Excuse me. He's worn a RS shirt.

I mean, feel free to do so but really what traction will you have? Second in the league and at minimum a CL semi-final, you'd swap Liverpools season for Evertons in a heartbeat.

Hard to win a league and hard to win a CL, going close in both is no shame compared to coming absolutey nowhere near in either, which is what the weird narrative on here appears to be developing into.

I’ll laugh at them all summer whilst they’re hurting, like I did last summer when we never heard a thing out of them. They wouldn’t shut up about us up until Kiev and the silence.

The closer you get, the more it hurts and if they end up with nothing I will love it before we all start again on zero points in August.

Second is no better than fourth. What's a couple million quid to these teams spending 75m on individual players? Both places go directly into the Champions League group stage. To finish on 97 points will be a dagger to the heart of Liverpool if it doesn't get them the title. Salah has one last transfer in him; does he want to finish his career at Liverpool knowing that City are going to be favourites to win again next year when he can get better wages and win titles elsewhere?
I don't care how much Salah wants to win trophies, we are not buying him!

If you finished second next season and saw it in such black and white terms as 'failure' then you may as well give up on football. Don't bother with the 38 game season and the journey through it, just give the trophies out at the end and have done with it.
The significant difference being that the cult across the park believe that they are the best, and have a divine right to win trophies every season.
I think we all know that, in the eyes of their followers, second is most definitely failure, whatever the circumstances.

how can they decide player of the year with the 2 most important games still to go. VVD might make a Gerrard style slip (hope!) that costs them the league meanwhile Sterling scores a hatrick to overturn a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 win. Oh yeah sorry but we already gave VVD the POTY
They know Liverpool are shot so this is a chance to give the poor dears something to smile about.

He is one of them, isn’t he :)
At least he isn't hiding the fact. Better to be transparent and open about these things. Saves the eventual meltdown. Why you'd post on an Everton fan forum about our obsession with other teams thereby providing evidence to the contrary still however boggles my mind.

If you finished second next season and saw it in such black and white terms as 'failure' then you may as well give up on football. Don't bother with the 38 game season and the journey through it, just give the trophies out at the end and have done with it.

This is the new narrative, it’s still a success, it’s the first stage of acceptance starting to happen. In the real world, it’s failure, they’ve won nothing.

First is first, second is no where.

As you say enjoy the journey, they certainly have but it’s still failiure and last gap failure really hurts as we all know which makes it much better for myself.

Like last summer, the whole country will rejoice in your failiure knowing you’ll never get as close any time soon.

I’ll take added satisfaction if it’s 97 points they fail on knowing that they turned up at Goodison in control of their own destiny and we took it all away from them. Everything they’ve done since has been irrelevant.

This is the new narrative, it’s still a success, it’s the first stage of acceptance starting to happen. In the real world, it’s failure, they’ve won nothing.

First is first, second is no where.

As you say enjoy the journey, they certainly have but it’s still failiure and last gap failure really hurts as we all know which makes it much better for myself.

Like last summer, the whole country will rejoice in your failiure knowing you’ll never get as close any time soon.

I’ll take added satisfaction if it’s 97 points they fail on knowing that they turned up at Goodison in control of their own destiny and we took it all away from them. Everything they’ve done since has been irrelevant.

If they don’t win anything they’ll be remembered like the Arsenal 99 team. I’m sure loads of Arsenal fans at the time were also trying to convince anyone who would listen how they were just as good as United. Nowadays no one ever says though ‘remember the treble winning United team and that Arsenal side who finished a point behind them and lost the cup semi’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back