• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being one of those men picked up and thrown into a fountain today, knowing that their families (their wife, kids and grandkids) are seeing their humiliation along with the rest of the world this morning. Those fellers will forever be associated with that moment.

"Just a lafff lad. No one got seriously hurt, lad"

Utter 'kin mutants.
Hurt is not just physical. Though it quite easily could have been here. Some poor old smallish guy going about his business trying to earn a living gets taken out by surprise by someone in a large herd - bullying at it's most base. It's just an absolutely loathsome thing to do. And then they'll wonder why no one is laughing like the rest of the braying hyenas who were there.

I hope for everyone's sake that everything passes off peacefully from here on in.

All Liverpool fans? There will undoubtedly be people on here who have friends and family members over there.
Referring to the ones throwing those people in the fountain. And those laughing about it.
Also in almost all cases they won't get hit by the police at the stadium unless they're doing something wrong. The idea that these people were just walking around and the Spanish police just decided to wack them around the head is laughable

Got a mate over there.
His response to my slating him and his ilk?

Somehow managed to get Hillsborough and the 'always the victims' song into his response.

I'm lost for words.
I just blocked him and his number.

Embarrassment to the city
Again

Even the tweet from their CEO is a disgrace. Managed to get ‘we conquered all of europe’ and ‘We are Liverpool’ into a tweet supposedly calling for better behaviour. Have they not drawn the causal link yet between their never ending pumping out of cult propaganda and this sort of entitled fan behaviour?

Referring to the ones throwing those people in the fountain. And those laughing about it.
Also in almost all cases they won't get hit by the police at the stadium unless they're doing something wrong. The idea that these people were just walking around and the Spanish police just decided to wack them around the head is laughable

The fella(s?) who pushed those people into the fountain is/are a disgrace and the people who filmed it are as bad. However, follow Everton, Liverpool, United, England or anyone abroad and you’ll see people bevvied and acting like knobs. Hell, go out in town on a Friday or Saturday night and you’ll see people in drink, acting like total total idiots. There’s always the possibility of innocent people getting hurt when the bizzies wade into a crowd with batons.

The club could condemn this behaviour and give some leadership in getting their fans to behave responsibly, but of course they won't.

Grinning and smirking are probably more likely to be the order of the day.

It's a symbiotic relationship between club and fans, in fact the element that travels abroad and behaves like this can be referred to as their armed wing. They do everything to stir up an atmosphere and create fear and hostility. Any tactic that might intimidate is given the thumbs up.

Of course the extreme example of this was the Man City bus incident where people could quite easily have been killed. That was an organised attack, publicised in advance on social media and ignored by the football club.

They then had the gall to call for a "safety meeting" ahead of the tie in Rome, but only after their progression had been all but ensured in the first leg, of course.

If it had not been, then all's fair in war is the approach taken then and now.

It's a complete disgrace egged on by a pliant majority.

I normally never back against this rabble in Europe but I think they could be in for a shock tonight. The amount they’ve underestimated this Barcelona side is ridiculous. It’s a Barca side that came to Spurs and United (two sides Liverpool have struggled to handle) and played them off the park and now they’re being treated in the media like a flaky team of old men. Liverpool have struggled against top quality possession teams away from home all season so if Barca are in form and there’s no ridiculous moments of fortune for Liverpool then this might not be the walk in the park their fans expect.

Messi Suarez Coutinho front three FFS.

I think some of you on here are being a tad harsh on the fat nonce. He just saw an elderly gentleman who had been working hard all day and looked a bit dehydrated. So he helped him in into the fountain to cool off. Apparently he does it on all the Reds' trips abroad. Makes me proud to be British. Hopefully the Catalan police will show their gratitude to this lovely gentleman.

Wonder if Michael Shields and Graham Sankey are over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back