Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather watch Mouronho’s teams. They win stuff rather than Klopp’s teams that don’t win anything. Mourinho’s Madrid and his first Chelsea were great to watch. In 2 seasons at United he’s got 2 trophies, taken them from 6th to 2nd, added Bailey Pogba Lukaku Sanchez (all good signings), and has now added Fred. They’ll be a huge threat this season to everyone and all the pundits saying otherwise are clueless and have allowed their laughable bias against Mourinho to cloud their judgement on what a top manager he is.

There’s no doubting Jose’s credentials. Think personally Liverpool will improve more than them this season.

There’s no doubting Jose’s credentials. Think personally Liverpool will improve more than them this season.

In my eyes United have a better keeper, they have a better defensive unit also. Matic Pogba and Fred in my eyes is a better midfield trio than Fabinho Keita Henderson (which I consider to be a downgrade on Coutinho Can Henderson). They both have very good forward lines. I’d bet more money on Lukaku and Sanchez being consistent though than in Salah repeating his record breaking season. United also have better strength in depth in every position. United also have a far better manager which is probably why they finished ahead of Liverpool last year.

There’s no logical argument for making Liverpool favourites tonfinish ahead of United. I’m not saying they cant obviously but this insistence by some that it will be a two horse race between City and Liverpool is ridiculous. United will be in the conversation undoubtedly. Arsenal arguably have the best offensive players in the league whilst Chelsea still have the two best in Kante and Hazard. Under new management who knows what will happen. Klopp has also never finished ahead of Pochettino’s Spurs.

I’ll respectfully disagree. Plus we both know who we’d rather watch out of the two.

Yeah, United, they're much more exciting than watching the RS at this point in time. It's like test cricket is better than t20 because you prefer to watch technical perfection as that's more World class.

United's more technical prefect set up is much better than RS' gun ho headless c chicken set up.

Klopp's Liverpool are siimilar to Wimbledon's crazy gang and Holloway's Blackpool in that there's very little technical brilliance and that's been shown by all three teams having no success.... Bar one fa cup that Wimbledon won. Forgotten the opposition.

In my eyes United have a better keeper, they have a better defensive unit also. Matic Pogba and Fred in my eyes is a better midfield trio than Fabinho Keita Henderson (which I consider to be a downgrade on Coutinho Can Henderson). They both have very good forward lines. I’d bet more money on Lukaku and Sanchez being consistent though than in Salah repeating his record breaking season. United also have better strength in depth in every position. United also have a far better manager which is probably why they finished ahead of Liverpool last year.

There’s no logical argument for making Liverpool favourites tonfinish ahead of United. I’m not saying they cant obviously but this insistence by some that it will be a two horse race between City and Liverpool is ridiculous. United will be in the conversation undoubtedly. Arsenal arguably have the best offensive players in the league whilst Chelsea still have the two best in Kante and Hazard. Under new management who knows what will happen. Klopp has also never finished ahead of Pochettino’s Spurs.

Nobody has made them 2nd favourites though. Or nobody informed anyway. The bookies take bets on, there's a lot of exposure on Liverpool as the idiots whip themselves into a fury every year to finish miles behind at the end. Either way they've had a lot of bets, so shorten the odds accordingly to mitigate potential losses.

Nobody has made them 2nd favourites though. Or nobody informed anyway. The bookies take bets on, there's a lot of exposure on Liverpool as the idiots whip themselves into a fury every year to finish miles behind at the end. Either way they've had a lot of bets, so shorten the odds accordingly to mitigate potential losses.

Rules out the entirety of the British sports media and punditry.

The Guardian has done a fans preview for the forthcoming season. Only 2 fans predicted their own club winning the league. The Man City fan, along with 16 others went for Man City. Guess which other club's fan went for their team? Not that I'm surprised, pretty sure it's been the same every season. You have to admire the endless optimism, I suppose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back