Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian has done a fans preview for the forthcoming season. Only 2 fans predicted their own club winning the league. The Man City fan, along with 16 others went for Man City. Guess which other club's fan went for their team? Not that I'm surprised, pretty sure it's been the same every season. You have to admire the endless optimism, I suppose!!

In the mail preview the Liverpool fan dedicated most of his review to talking about Everton. No other fans really mentioned any club other than their own. Absolute cult.

Just pissed myself at an echo article that says the RS deserve to be in the Charity shield today because of the way they play. Absolutely wonderful stuff.

They resemble that spoilt and obnoxious child, we have all seen at our kid's birthday parties.

They fail to win at musical chairs, and it results in a major meltdown.

Hard not to be so proud of what we have built. Without doubt, the best Liverpool team in my lifetime.

Shaqiri is going to shock a few. He's going to be a godsend for us in one of the attacking CM slots. Him and Keita being the creative hub in midfield are the key for us to put up a title challenge. The bus-parking sides will struggle to get a hold of these two. The rest will take care of itself in all honesty. Attack is of course one of the best in Europe. Fabinho will do his thing as the protector. Alisson will be immense in goal. Back four are solid enough - we conceded 38 with VVD for half a season and without Allison. Fully expect us to concede 8 less and let in around 30. City conceded 26 last season.

Think you guys should have a good season. Silva is a very good appointment and a step in the right direction
Have you been drinking mate?

I can't agree with that. Alisson is such an upgrade on Karius, it's insane. Since VVD came in, we had the best goals conceded rate since January. With Alisson coming in, our solidity at the back should be even greater. I expect us to concede less than 30 league goals and in fact, you're free to quote me later on, we'll concede fewer than Mourinho's lot. Here are some decent stats on what we have brought:

Expected goals (xG) measures the likelihood of a shot ending in a goal based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal.

Based on quality of shots he faced, Alisson should have conceded 8.31 more goals than he did.

He was the leading goalkeeper in the Serie A Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) standings, which shows how many goals a team should have conceded compared to their actual total.

The only Premier League players to fare better than Alisson last season were Manchester United's David De Gea (+13.66) and Nick Pope (+10.26) of Burnley.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Clearances (inc. punches)
Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

Alisson operates in a totally different planet to Karius.

I bet he was wearing the full kit when he typed this drivel.

With a box of Kleenex close to hand.

They are a complete different breed. Leagues not even started but because they have had some good results pre season the league is theirs apparently. The level of self entitlement from them because they are “Liverpool Football Club” nobody else can say anything negative about them.

I think they will have a good season but there is never any humility from them or their fans.

I can't agree with that. Alisson is such an upgrade on Karius, it's insane. Since VVD came in, we had the best goals conceded rate since January. With Alisson coming in, our solidity at the back should be even greater. I expect us to concede less than 30 league goals and in fact, you're free to quote me later on, we'll concede fewer than Mourinho's lot. Here are some decent stats on what we have brought:

Expected goals (xG) measures the likelihood of a shot ending in a goal based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal.

Based on quality of shots he faced, Alisson should have conceded 8.31 more goals than he did.

He was the leading goalkeeper in the Serie A Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) standings, which shows how many goals a team should have conceded compared to their actual total.

The only Premier League players to fare better than Alisson last season were Manchester United's David De Gea (+13.66) and Nick Pope (+10.26) of Burnley.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Clearances (inc. punches)
Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

Alisson operates in a totally different planet to Karius.

tinfoil-man.webp

The BBC have just published an article, referrering to a study, which says they are the unluckiest team.

Their first alternative league table of the season. If wont be their last. Half of the british media now is just LFC click bait propaganda. They’ve perfected all the algorithms to know what to post and when to milk the kopite market dry. The media know full well if they put out a made up scenario which suggests Liverpool May win the league and get it out before any football has actually occurred then the Kopites will swarm to it in their droves. They can’t help it, they absolutely lap that stuff up. They are the ultimate football narcissists and the biggest cash cow to be milked by the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back