Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are on the docks then it won’t matter what concerts they have there. No one is going to trek to Anfield to watch a concert. We would have prime location, modern amenities, transport links, hopefully a larger capacity, basically everything that leads to money for these tour managers.

Look, in the grand scheme of barriers to a new stadium this certainly isn't high up the list.

That said, this isn't a good thing for us and the stadium. Putting to one side potentially contentious questions of centrality (Anfield and BMD are pretty much equidistant by foot from Lime Street and large swathes of the centre) and end capacity (who knows?), even if we do create the venue of preference for non football events (at some stage in the future), the mere existence of a similar sized alternative venue in the city is going to limit the sort of profit margins we could hope to achieve in letting the place out and will no doubt give funders another (minor) pause for thought when assessing our business model.

Also, if it works out and they get permission for the 10 gigs plus unlimited other team sports events then they will have the local field to themselves for at least 4 or 5 years, adding to the already cavernous financial gap between us.

The real nightmare scenario is that this move makes it harder for us to get our plans off the ground and suddenly makes their expansion plans viable, but that is just 30 years of beaten dog syndrome kicking in. I hope

Still, if the planning committee do their jobs properly and send them packing then it's all irrelevant

I have always wondered why the pit has never been used for concerts if I am honest. Maybe it has and I missed it, but there cant be that many large football grounds that havnt had some.

I saw the Rolling Stones at Ashton Gate in Bristol on their Start Me Up tour ffs! Since then, off the top of my head, The Who, Tom Jones, Rod Stewart, er, Billy Graham have had gigs there.

Must be a planning/rulez thing I guess.

edit. Other than boxing, cant recall Goodison being used for owt else neither.

I have always wondered why the pit has never been used for concerts if I am honest. Maybe it has and I missed it, but there cant be that many large football grounds that havnt had some.

I saw the Rolling Stones at Ashton Gate in Bristol on their Start Me Up tour ffs! Since then, off the top of my head, The Who, Tom Jones, Rod Stewart, er, Billy Graham have had gigs there.

Densly populated residential area, so up until now (with one or two special exceptions) common sense has prevailed and they haven't had planning consent to do so. Capacity, quality of facilities, lack of space around the ground and the general state of WB road probably also factored in not making it worthwhile to push the issue

Jurgen knows he blowed his big chance. Imagine them competing on a level playing field without the laws of offside going out the window at Anfield. VAR will be the end of them as long as the pigeon botherer isn’t manning the Video booth.
In the PL they;d get the benefit of VAR. In Europe where theyre a medium sized fish in a big pond they'll suffer with it.

I doubt very much that they'd have gotten past the QFs last season with VAR being in place.

McCartney played there during the Capital of Culture year....and told them he'd supported Everton as a lad.

not many places near to Bristol to host big concerts I suppose

The type of act to play big stadiums will probably only play one NW gig, so I suppose Manchester's ethihad and the cricket ground get the nod as they are much better served by both motorways and public transport.

Densly populated residential area, so up until now (with one or two special exceptions) common sense has prevailed and they haven't had planning consent to do so. Capacity, quality of facilities, lack of space around the ground and the general state of WB road probably also factored in not making it worthwhile to push the issue
And Aldo could turn up.

Jurgen knows he blowed his big chance. Imagine them competing on a level playing field without the laws of offside going out the window at Anfield. VAR will be the end of them as long as the pigeon botherer isn’t manning the Video booth.

Except, of course, from last season when Liverpool had more calls against them than any other side and the same amount of pens at Anfield as Spurs did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back