Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were sorry they got through in the end.

Utterly humiliated in front of a global audience. It'd have been better to go out in the QFs when they should have been playing Barcelona had they not ballsed up their tie with Roma.

You’re not doing it correctly. The party line now is that they would have easily won were it not for the injury to Salah. In fact they were ‘dominating’ before his injury. Please do not stray from the correct wording when discussing the state sponsored football team.

many annoying things about last night but one of them sticks out: how desperate they/the media are to praise every little thing. Keita was decent (and no more) but reading the reaction you'd think we had bloody Zidane rocking up at Selhurst last night. They had their "Liverpool know how to win ugly" articles ready for full time like one game is enough evidence

this is probably not a big deal but I hate losing to them so much, especially now they are patting our head and saying what a good effort we put in. Just not good enough to beat the English Barca though...

Unfortunately they just keep getting all the good fortune.. and, last night PAOK gave themselves a great chance to eliminate Benfica and thereby chuck the RS (on a tiebreaker btw) into Pot 2. Their luck is just ridiculous. In fact if they do beat them the RS will have to thank them for beating Basel previously as they needed BOTH these teams to go out... and yes, you guessed right.

Pressure will get to them, going into the season getting classed as title contenders and all the questions post match questions about last nights win being a marker put to City.......after 2 games is utterly embarrising.

Houllier was on the radio before the match saying every team has dips throughout the season and when City have theors Liverpool need to pounce. No mention of Liverpool potentially having a dip

It all ramps up the pressure, then the fans ramp up the pressure, a couple if poor results and the manager feels the pressure. City are miles ahead of them, then its between the rs, chelsea, spurs and utd to fight it out for 2nd, 3rd or 4th spot.

United are not at the races - they are in MouSeason3 Mode.. will be fighting it out with Arsenal for 5th.

1 City 2/3 Spurs/RS 4 Chelsea 5/6 Arsenal/Man U

I see the corpy are once again bending over backwards to help our friends across the park. This time by supporting a change in use for Anfield to let them host concerts and other non sporting events.

The local residents are, predictably, unimpressed. Strangely enough this doesn't seem to bother the planning officers.

United are not at the races - they are in MouSeason3 Mode.. will be fighting it out with Arsenal for 5th.

1 City 2/3 Spurs/RS 4 Chelsea 5/6 Arsenal/Man U

No reason why Chelsea shouldn’t challenge as much as Liverpool. In Hazard and Kante they have two players of a higher quality than anyone in the Liverpool side.

many annoying things about last night but one of them sticks out: how desperate they/the media are to praise every little thing. Keita was decent (and no more) but reading the reaction you'd think we had bloody Zidane rocking up at Selhurst last night. They had their "Liverpool know how to win ugly" articles ready for full time like one game is enough evidence

this is probably not a big deal but I hate losing to them so much, especially now they are patting our head and saying what a good effort we put in. Just not good enough to beat the English Barca though...
they do win ugly mate have you seen Firmino and Milner

I know were you are comingfrom mate, it was infuriating,

The first half it was blatant Palace had lfc at arms length, liverpool restricted to passing the ball around the back four, palace sitting deep not allowing any space behind them (a good solid plan) and all the commentary wanted to bleet on about was how liverpool were dominating posession.

Also in that half Mane quickly slipped past Wan Bissaka, predictably commentary got very excited, the young lad did great to keep pace with him and made a well timed sliding tackle in the box........great defending..............not a word from Alan Parry

Townsends shot that hit the bar...........Keita gave the ball away very cheaply (2 minutes after he did a lovely turn in hte same area then ran unchallenged for 40 yards) which Parry creamed hard over, anyway....gave the ball away cheaply, fell to townsend who hit the bar, Keita made no attempt to get the ball back......went un commented on!

So if liverpool passing the ball along the back line in the first half is deemed "dominating the game" then palace's 2nd half pressure should be described as pretty much the alamo, the kitchen sink, fantastic attack effort to get into the game.......................................Nah, the worlds such as "majestic" "dominating" "imperious" were all reserved for when liverpool made a clearance.

I havent got a problem with them per say (well not as much as other people), they are a good watch, and have some really good players, and its obvious they are a good side, but its when the media turn a pretty evenly matched game into a completely dominating display that grinds my gears.

Zaha, Van Aarnholt, Schlupp & Wan Bissaka all had really good games on monday, not a mention whatsover

Yeah the media seem desperate for their players to be perceived as amongst the best in the world.
I was reading the updates on sky sports and they wrote about an “outstanding save by Allison” from a free kick.

I watched the highlights and honestly seen nothing more than a routine save.

At least he stepped the right way for it

There's at least 8 articles on the Daily Fail website about them alone

I see the corpy are once again bending over backwards to help our friends across the park. This time by supporting a change in use for Anfield to let them host concerts and other non sporting events.

The local residents are, predictably, unimpressed. Strangely enough this doesn't seem to bother the planning officers.

Pink floyd will play their famous wall concert.. Salt n pepper push it.. The killers.. Tribute band the paving stones. A benefit concert dive aid. Underworld will play the last concert and end it with their classic born slippy!!!!

Looks like the CL will use VAR from the quarter final stages onwards. They had their chance last year. No more offside airlifts to the final this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back