Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far more serious manager too.

Writing off these top sides is ridiculous. Chelsea have a squad of multiple title winners (Liverpool don’t). They have players who have decided the latter stages of world cups (Liverpool don’t), they have multiple trophy winners without a recent history of failure (Liverpool don’t). I don’t know why after 2 games (both of which they’ve won) people have decided that they’re not in a title race.

But you just know that this year VAR will go in their favour.

I don’t mind fair refereeing. I can’t recall too many calls in recent seasons that have gone against them in big moments. They’ve benefitted hugely from dubious refereeing calls. They don’t even out for these clubs. They have one season left to make a run at the prem before they’ll actually have to win it on a level field with everyone else.

Pink floyd will play their famous wall concert.. Salt n pepper push it.. The killers.. Tribute band the paving stones. A benefit concert dive aid. Underworld will play the last concert and end it with their classic born slippy!!!!

Jokes aside, the proposed changes could conceivably be worth many millions to them and it potentially has knock on implications for our stadium plans.

All told, it would be nice to see them impolitely declined

Jokes aside, the proposed changes could conceivably be worth many millions to them and it potentially has knock on implications for our stadium plans.

All told, it would be nice to see them impolitely declined

If we are on the docks then it won’t matter what concerts they have there. No one is going to trek to Anfield to watch a concert. We would have prime location, modern amenities, transport links, hopefully a larger capacity, basically everything that leads to money for these tour managers.

I know were you are comingfrom mate, it was infuriating,

The first half it was blatant Palace had lfc at arms length, liverpool restricted to passing the ball around the back four, palace sitting deep not allowing any space behind them (a good solid plan) and all the commentary wanted to bleet on about was how liverpool were dominating posession.

Also in that half Mane quickly slipped past Wan Bissaka, predictably commentary got very excited, the young lad did great to keep pace with him and made a well timed sliding tackle in the box........great defending..............not a word from Alan Parry

Townsends shot that hit the bar...........Keita gave the ball away very cheaply (2 minutes after he did a lovely turn in hte same area then ran unchallenged for 40 yards) which Parry creamed hard over, anyway....gave the ball away cheaply, fell to townsend who hit the bar, Keita made no attempt to get the ball back......went un commented on!

So if liverpool passing the ball along the back line in the first half is deemed "dominating the game" then palace's 2nd half pressure should be described as pretty much the alamo, the kitchen sink, fantastic attack effort to get into the game.......................................Nah, the worlds such as "majestic" "dominating" "imperious" were all reserved for when liverpool made a clearance.

I havent got a problem with them per say (well not as much as other people), they are a good watch, and have some really good players, and its obvious they are a good side, but its when the media turn a pretty evenly matched game into a completely dominating display that grinds my gears.

Zaha, Van Aarnholt, Schlupp & Wan Bissaka all had really good games on monday, not a mention whatsover
You know Alan Parry is a RS right?

Pink floyd will play their famous wall concert.. Salt n pepper push it.. The killers.. Tribute band the paving stones. A benefit concert dive aid. Underworld will play the last concert and end it with their classic born slippy!!!!
I love Underworld. They formed from an old 80s Welsh outfit, Freur, which had a song "Doot Doot" which did really well here in NZ

Looks like the CL will use VAR from the quarter final stages onwards. They had their chance last year. No more offside airlifts to the final this time.

Is right, this should see the end of clubs getting about 7 goals wrongly disallowed over 2 legs against them from now on.

People are proper, proper worried in here.

After 30 years of trying, 1 billion spent and referees giving them penalties that would never be given against them then by the law of averages they are going to win it one day. They used to win it every year when I was in a school full of kopites so anyone worried should remember those days. Plus Leicester winning it means they really won't be able to sell it as the impossible like they tried to the last time they won it without winning.They could all get really excited again and blow it hilariously to give us months of fun....

I know were you are comingfrom mate, it was infuriating,

The first half it was blatant Palace had lfc at arms length, liverpool restricted to passing the ball around the back four, palace sitting deep not allowing any space behind them (a good solid plan) and all the commentary wanted to bleet on about was how liverpool were dominating posession.

Also in that half Mane quickly slipped past Wan Bissaka, predictably commentary got very excited, the young lad did great to keep pace with him and made a well timed sliding tackle in the box........great defending..............not a word from Alan Parry

Townsends shot that hit the bar...........Keita gave the ball away very cheaply (2 minutes after he did a lovely turn in hte same area then ran unchallenged for 40 yards) which Parry creamed hard over, anyway....gave the ball away cheaply, fell to townsend who hit the bar, Keita made no attempt to get the ball back......went un commented on!

So if liverpool passing the ball along the back line in the first half is deemed "dominating the game" then palace's 2nd half pressure should be described as pretty much the alamo, the kitchen sink, fantastic attack effort to get into the game.......................................Nah, the worlds such as "majestic" "dominating" "imperious" were all reserved for when liverpool made a clearance.

I havent got a problem with them per say (well not as much as other people), they are a good watch, and have some really good players, and its obvious they are a good side, but its when the media turn a pretty evenly matched game into a completely dominating display that grinds my gears.

Zaha, Van Aarnholt, Schlupp & Wan Bissaka all had really good games on monday, not a mention whatsover

Problem 1: Possession stats are meaningless as they simply based on the number of passes each team make. Which means they are utterly irrelevant.
Problem 2: Sky are having a total fest over LFC - how else do you explain the total BS advert over that Salah goal (particularly as it was against City at home) - the close ups the rants the Liverpool love in.. that just won't cut it with me, Man U fans, City fans... in fact anyone but that lot. Well, let them fail miserably to attract new non-LFC customers - any normal advertising agency would be telling them.. "hang on there, there are other teams that people follow"
Problem 3: As number 2: the equally annoying "everyone is pulling up an armchair and "filling the stadium" Sky football advert. Can you see anyone but the "Big Six" (see the billboard - there's a Newcastle flag and maybe some other team.." the actually advert has "Wolves (fans) joining the party" - and is that because they "bigger" than Fulham and Cardiff.. where are we, Newcastle, Leicester, West Ham and, of course, all the other teams' fans.. yeah, we don't count.

After 30 years of trying, 1 billion spent and referees giving them penalties that would never be given against them then by the law of averages they are going to win it one day. They used to win it every year when I was in a school full of kopites so anyone worried should remember those days. Plus Leicester winning it means they really won't be able to sell it as the impossible like they tried to the last time they won it without winning.They could all get really excited again and blow it hilariously to give us months of fun....

They received more adulation from the media for losing it than Leicester did for winning it. If they ever do win it it would be painted as the greatest moment in football history. If we ever win it again it would be an inconvenient stain on the game in a year when no one else was strong etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back