• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Win back to back titles? Who cares if they did? These titles dont count. Last season didn't count, and this season will be remembered with revulsion in a few years time.

I cant be arsed with football at present, and many others cant. I'll watch Everton tomorrow but I honestly cant be arsed.

If Everton were winning titles right now, I and many others would be saying (and certainly thinking): "FFS, we wait ages to be the best again and it's 'kin rubbish. Football is dead and NOW we win the title? Why us?!"

Havent watched a single match today.

Without fans its just not the same

It's rubbish. Utter 'kin trash.

I'm watching the Tour de France at the moment because cycling is about the only sport that looks like it was before Covid19. Bags of crowds on the streets and in the mountains making the atmosphere.

This is not football. Two seasons - 2019/20 and 2020/21 you may as well just run a red line through. They aren't legitimate.

YNWA being performed now lol

Coming from a small town in Ireland I don’t have the same vitriol to the RS as most on here as the focus from RS here has always been Man U (recall the ‘95 Cup final and my RS cousins jumping when we beat United). To a lesser extent they focused on Chelsea (Mourinho period) and over the last two years Man City. So we are rarely a target.

But today, a cousin I hadn’t seen since Christmas came round today and said...“do you know, since 2001 I’ve seen my club lift every trophy you can win, some multiple times over, while you’ve seen Everton win absolutely nothing”. I didn’t have any comeback for him.
Every time you see him start singing
"here comes the hotstepper..."

It's rubbish. Utter 'kin trash.

I'm watching the Tour de France at the moment because cycling is about the only sport that looks like it was before Covid19. Bags of crowds on the streets and in the mountains making the atmosphere.

This is not football. Two seasons - 2019/20 and 2020/21 you may as well just run a red line through. They aren't legitimate.
If the Covid cases keep on in Leicester and Greater Manchester, Leicester, Burnley, Untd and City will only be playing away matches.

While I agree it's not the same, we have zero chance of getting in any time soon.
We just have to accept it and enjoy as much as we can the TV.
Personally I dont see us back this calendar year, to many idiots about with no respect for others, little social distance and knobs not wearing masks....etc, weve got no chance thanks to them. Enjoy it best you can.

Screenshot_20200912-214631.webp

One rule for one ......

Why VAR didn't mention to the Ref who was in a perfect position that Salah shot was deflected is another reason why they need VAR mic-ed up because Refs and VAR are making wrong calls on day ONE so they need pulling up.

If that doesn't deflected, would it have been a goal even if his arm is in an "unnatural" position, no so you can't use deflections against defenders.

It's going bring up all sorts of of LiVARpool and United's 203 penalties rubbish against. It's becoming biased and against the letter of the law.

View attachment 101063

One rule for one ......

Why VAR didn't mention to the Ref who was in a perfect position that Salah shot was deflected is another reason why they need VAR mic-ed up because Refs and VAR are making wrong calls on day ONE so they need pulling up.

If that doesn't deflected, would it have been a goal even if his arm is in an "unnatural" position, no so you can't use deflections against defenders.

It's going bring up all sorts of of LiVARpool and United's 203 penalties rubbish against. It's becoming biased and against the letter of the law.

I have no idea why the PL aren't on mic'ing up VAR when even the idiots at the RFL could see the sense of it.

View attachment 101063

One rule for one ......

I thought FIFA made it mandatory for refs to now use the pitch side monitor for these sorts of things?

Can’t argue with the second pen as it was a typically woeful striker’s tackle but that first pen stinks. I can understand the ref not seeing it hit the knee first but where is VAR to overrule that?

‘kin joke.

Livarpool strikes again mate, I also thought VAR would rule it out, but it's not just getting the decision in Liverpool's favour, it's the obscene speed of that decision, under a minute, pen to Liverpool. We have one pen all season, they have two in one game, it takes VAR ten minutes to give us a corner!

"Salahs historic treble lifts Liverpool"

I was wondering how they were going to spin barely getting away from a newly promoted team at home. Good to know that Salah single handedly willed them through with his two penalty kicks. Such a special player to do that

Also lovely to see Klopp being so magnanimous....in victory again. :coffee:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back