• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Skem folk do.
Slightly off topic a bit but...
Very interesting subject the whole englands parochial accent thing.
If you have half an 'ear' of the Prof Henry Higgins type.
Go 6miles and its Parliarmo wool por favor mert
Go 20 miles and you can't move for whiney mancs
Go back 60 yrs and that Corrie, Oasis, tv, Manc speak didn't even exist.
Go to London with somebody from Widnes and the locals would call you both scousers as most can't tell the difference.
Just sayin like.

"According to a source close to the club [Liverpool], of 35 players 22 are asthmatic – 63% of the squad, over five times higher than the 12% UK average."

An example of how asthma treatment can be used to enhance performance.

Chris Froome was caught last September with excess Salbutamol in his system. That was new to me. How does excess asthmas medication help a rider?

SS: It is a bronchial dilator. I’ll take it back a step — the whole buzz about beet juice being a vasodilator, increasing blood circulation to the muscles without as much work, it’s the same idea of using clenbuterol or another type of asthma inhaler, where it increases the surface space of the bronchials so you have more oxygen transfer. So effectively with every breath, you can intake and transfer more oxygen to the cells. So again, it’s all about that oxygen delivery.

The national average for footballers with asthma and needing medication that can enhance performance is from a recent report, 28%.

If Liverpool's stats are indeed correct, I am sure it is down to bad luck that the equivalent of their first team and reserve team, (22 players), suffer from a debilitating illness that would negatively affect their performance requiring that they be allowed to take performance-enhancing drugs.

That isn’t from Liverpool themselves is it??? I know they are bad but there’s no way they are using suicide to boast about stand capacity? No not having it. They are bad but that has to be made by a blue.
Nar.... Only RS can be that thick/insensitive/crass/ghoulish. Remember the post they put out out "the power and glory of Anfield" when Cruyff died? Ditto with Gordon Banks?

The absolute knobheads

You think that's weird? I know someone from L18 who spent the late 90s calling himself Liam and faking tenuous Manc heritage.

Did that guy go the game?

I used to see a bloke every home game back then, had a Liam G moptop, wore shades even on dull days and swaggered around in a black leather jacket.

In the Westminster or the Elm Tree on Westminster Road.

Did that guy go the game?

I used to see a bloke every home game back then, had a Liam G moptop, wore shades even on dull days and swaggered around in a black leather jacket.

In the Westminster or the Elm Tree on Westminster Road.

He did, him his dad and his brother used to go together. No idea where they drank before, but he would have been a teenager at the time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back