• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Is it a can of red bull? I mean they will have top scientists and nitritionists advising them but Id say building a dependency on caffeine is not sensible. It will also affect your sleep.
one can only assume it's "exactly what it says on the tin" but who knows. We have got into the weeks on sports science a few times and if I was starting anywhere it would be with urine samples of that 15/16 team

one can only assume it's "exactly what it says on the tin" but who knows. We have got into the weeks on sports science a few times and if I was starting anywhere it would be with urine samples of that 15/16 team

Sorry it wasn't meant to be a trick question mate. It was just was it a can of red bull he was drinking?

As for the 2nd point, you're certainly entitled to your view, it's certainly a view many aso share with Liverpool over the last couple of years. Not for me.

His aversion to squad rotation stems from the fact that, despite the much lauded younger players - the ones who beat a dispirited Everton - they ain't all that. And purchases like Minamino look atrocious.

Yes I mean that cup game was ridiculous really. Ancelotti's biggest mistake was not playing the kids the game before against City. As it happened we had about our 4th game in 8 days and we were exhausted I seem to remember Origi, Lallana, Mane, Van Dijk, Milner, Shaqiri all playing as well. But it was the under 16's or something that like.

And yes, Minamino is terrible. As is Origi really. I don't even knock their love of Origi, he is their Duncan Ferguson. A pretty ordinary player who an extraordinary derby record. Minamino has been her enearly a year and is yet to get a league goal as far as I know.

They forget Van Dijk walked off the pitch after Pickford’s ‘assault’ too

I mean walking off was stupid, especially over gravel (and probably made it worse) but hobbling off and continuing to play football for 5+ minutes afterwards are different thing. Also allowing a lad to keep training for months after, without surgery or sufficient rest is gross negligence. If Thiago is crocked it's entirely on that idiot Klopp and his medical team.

It all seems very very fishy to me as well. Apparently the scan showed he was ok, but also things weren't ok. Was it Dr Schrodinger doing the x-ray?

When the Athletic say "some clubs" they mean just Liverpool. They're covering Liverpool's arses.

Thats your take on it. I'm certainly not going to jump to those conclusions, but if a club is using caffeine to help players you will get a short term gain for long term pain.

I remmeber seeing this with boxers as well, they will do all sorts of short term ways to lose weight, but they kill their metabolism in the process (and why many end up chronically overweight). Caffeine is about as bad as you can get for your metabolism, just below sugar really. You'll get this massive high, but eventually your body becomes de-sensitised and drained.

I remember the article from someone (who I believe hasn't been sued by LFC) essentially saying they will have massive problems as they are cycling off the meds. I don't believe the specificities of the article, but he does seem to have called this injury crisis right to a tee. The intensity goes and then injuries start piling up. I really don't think it's going to stop, or that even 5 substitutes is going to do much to help it either.

I don't think people really grasp the damage Klopp did on leaving Dortmund. That final season was a shambles, and an entire team, who were not far off the current Liverpool side in ability became finished (with one or two notable exceptions).

Sorry it wasn't meant to be a trick question mate. It was just was it a can of red bull he was drinking?

As for the 2nd point, you're certainly entitled to your view, it's certainly a view many aso share with Liverpool over the last couple of years. Not for me.

Yeah - more a suspicious mind than the "they must be doping" look at them run fast merchants.

Yeah - more a suspicious mind than the "they must be doping" look at them run fast merchants.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back