• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Fair enough, I agree that's not in good taste but I think the meaning of the post is to clarity the absolute gulf in moral standards between the two clubs.

If that was Everton and not for the event but the behaviour in the aftermath I would have walked away from the club and probably footy in general unless they took stock and changed the club culture that led to it. Like most things, people are better inclined towards you if you are honest and take responsibility.

Without responsibility there cannot be outrage when their crimes are pointed out really.
We are a football Club not a moral compass. We have been [Poor language removed] for ages they have done really well. We need to get better. We did it in the 80s, there is no reason why we can't do it now.

We need to forget them and get behind our team.

We are a football Club not a moral compass. We have been [Poor language removed] for ages they have done really well. We need to get better. We did it in the 80s, there is no reason why we can't do it now.

We need to forget them and get behind our team.

I don't think the reason for the lack of recent success is down to the fans concentrating on hating Liverpool too much.

We win a game 2-0 then we are happy, win another game 2-0 and we have a goal difference of plus 4. That is something to celebrate.

When is it acceptable for our fans to come out with horrific nonsense like 39-0. You are celebrating the deaths of 39 people. You are dancing on their graves because it gives you an opportunity to have a pop at our rivals.

Why is it acceptable to come out with horrific insults like [Phrase removed].

Is that what we have come to as a club, our main claim to fame is that we haven't killed anyone in the last 35 years.

We need to stop fixating on the RS and do the best for Everton.
You sound offended

We win a game 2-0 then we are happy, win another game 2-0 and we have a goal difference of plus 4. That is something to celebrate.

When is it acceptable for our fans to come out with horrific nonsense like 39-0. You are celebrating the deaths of 39 people. You are dancing on their graves because it gives you an opportunity to have a pop at our rivals.

Why is it acceptable to come out with horrific insults like [Phrase removed].

Is that what we have come to as a club, our main claim to fame is that we haven't killed anyone in the last 35 years.

We need to stop fixating on the RS and do the best for Everton.
Don’t even try to patronise me. Your lot should be reminded every day that your fans murdered 39 football fans and continue to this day to try and sweep it under the carpet, disgusting.

Ffs lad this is way below the belt. By highlighting this and keeping the memory of a horrific, murderous tragedy alive, whilst the fans and the club of the perpetrators try to sweep it under the carpet, we celebrate their deaths?
It’s the victim card.... the one they always play when deflecting the truth. It’s never their fault.

Who cares.

If we spent as much time supporting the blues as we did hating them we would be in a much better place.
Why do you keep posting that we should stop talking about liverpool in a thread which is specifically designed to talk about liverpool? If you don't want to discuss liverpool, there are literally hundreds of other topics in the forum you could go to.

I am not disagreeing with you the RS response to Heysel was reprehensible. Looking to blame the National front and not taking responsibility for their fans actions was a stain on English football.

They deserve everything they get for their response. The thing is I was an Everton fan in the 80s and missed out because of the ban after Heysel. However, that doesn't mean I am going to accept sick posts like 39-0 or [Phrase removed].
Liar.

You're a despicable Kopite apologist. You got sussed on here ages ago you massive virgin.

Breaking News - in an eleventh hour decision LFC have pleaded to any carboard cut-outs who are free this evening to come to anfield to help them fill their quota of Liverpool based fans to save embarrassment in front of the TV cameras.
And further to that they reassured any potential takers that the chance of rain in Liverpool tonight is currently 12% - and as always the safety of their customers is paramount.

Stand_Angled_Liverpool_NoLogo-740x520.webp

I am not so sure. As a fanbase, we are so downtrodden that as soon as we have a bit of success we go overboard. Then when things go wrong the hatred comes out.

We need to forget them and build as a club.
You're writing as Liverpool fan here right?

I commend your honesty. The scenes after the 30 years title wait were indeed a bit overboard. The reaction to VVD getting injured illustrates the point about hatred when things go wrong.

Its good you can be honest and reflective. It'll help you heal and move on as a fanbase and club. You need it, Klopp is getting ratty about injuries. Just rebuild Jurgen, rebuild.

Again, thank you for your candour. I think we will grow from this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back