• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

They have this peculiar obsession on RAWK in directly comparing Werner with Jota every time we play. They’re not remotely similar in style of play so I don’t really get it, apart from Werner signing for us and not them (which is a bit sad of them). You’d think they’d discovered him by the way and that he hadn’t been playing for Wolves for a couple of seasons. Weirdos.

They have this peculiar obsession on RAWK in directly comparing Werner with Jota every time we play. They’re not remotely similar in style of play so I don’t really get it, apart from Werner signing for us and not them (which is a bit sad of them). You’d think they’d discovered him by the way and that he hadn’t been playing for Wolves for a couple of seasons. Weirdos.
They fear Chelsea. They're alarmed that Chelsea are winning matches without Werner's goals. They know he will start scoring though. Loads of them.

I can smell the stink of defeatism about them this season. Right from Klopp down the food chain.

What's also really odd, is they both cost about the same as well. So far Werner has 4 goals and 4 assists in the league, wheres Jota has 5 goals and no assists.

Jota has done well so far, but the way some of them talk hes signing of the century material.

They just cant ever be wrong. Werner has to be a poor buy, while Jota has to be a bargain. When its pointed out that their league goal returns are similar but Werner has created a lot more, anger will fill the void where honesty should come in.

I mean it's ok to say they both look decent signings. If you're able to do that, you will be a lot happier in life.

39-0

No matter how many leagues, champions leagues and other tin pots they may accumulate in the future .. that figure will not change

*unless they add to it
We win a game 2-0 then we are happy, win another game 2-0 and we have a goal difference of plus 4. That is something to celebrate.

When is it acceptable for our fans to come out with horrific nonsense like 39-0. You are celebrating the deaths of 39 people. You are dancing on their graves because it gives you an opportunity to have a pop at our rivals.

Why is it acceptable to come out with horrific insults like [Phrase removed].

Is that what we have come to as a club, our main claim to fame is that we haven't killed anyone in the last 35 years.

We need to stop fixating on the RS and do the best for Everton.

We win a game 2-0 then we are happy, win another game 2-0 and we have a goal difference of plus 4. That is something to celebrate.

When is it acceptable for our fans to come out with horrific nonsense like 39-0. You are celebrating the deaths of 39 people. You are dancing on their graves because it gives you an opportunity to have a pop at our rivals.

Why is it acceptable to come out with horrific insults like [Phrase removed].

Is that what we have come to as a club, our main claim to fame is that we haven't killed anyone in the last 35 years.

We need to stop fixating on the RS and do the best for Everton.

Pretty sure the only people 'celebrating' were the kopites flying Steau Bucharest flags in the kop and the rs customers who continue to chant their name at us.

It shouldn't just be Everton fans, it should be fans of every club and every person with a moral compass to remind them of what they have done. Otherwise it will be brushed under the rs carpet along with their other atrocities.

Pretty sure the only people 'celebrating' were the kopites flying Steau Bucharest flags in the kop and the rs customers who continue to chant their name at us.

It shouldn't just be Everton fans, it should be fans of every club and every person with a moral compass to remind them of what they have done. Otherwise it will be brushed under the rs carpet along with their other atrocities.
So when we draw a German team in Europe we should remember our moral compass and remind them of what they did during the war. Going by your logic every team who draws a German team in Europe should remind them of what they did.

We need to let go and think of Everton.

So when we draw a German team in Europe we should remember our moral compass and remind them of what they did during the war. Going by your logic every team who draws a German team in Europe should remind them of what they did.

We need to let go and think of Everton.

Well that's hardly a consistent comparison. But if you want to take the wartime actions of Germany into consideration the important thing to note is that they have apologised and have tried to take responsibility for their past as a nation to ensure it never happens again.

Liverpool on the other hand blame others and have refused to accept responsibility. There was no visible point of remembrance for years until they installed a microscopic plaque as a token gesture.

The rs customers are spoilt and self entitled, they accept no criticism and take no responsibility as they revel in their victim status for whatever latest crime they commit and attempt to sully the reputation of anyone else to hide the blood on their hands.

Well that's hardly a consistent comparison. But if you want to take the wartime actions of Germany into consideration the important thing to note is that they have apologised and have tried to take responsibility for their past as a nation to ensure it never happens again.

Liverpool on the other hand blame others and have refused to accept responsibility. There was no visible point of remembrance for years until they installed a microscopic plaque as a token gesture.

The rs customers are spoilt and self entitled, they accept no criticism and take no responsibility as they revel in their victim status for whatever latest crime they commit and attempt to sully the reputation of anyone else to hide the blood on their hands.
I am not disagreeing with you the RS response to Heysel was reprehensible. Looking to blame the National front and not taking responsibility for their fans actions was a stain on English football.

They deserve everything they get for their response. The thing is I was an Everton fan in the 80s and missed out because of the ban after Heysel. However, that doesn't mean I am going to accept sick posts like 39-0 or [Phrase removed].

I am not disagreeing with you the RS response to Heysel was reprehensible. Looking to blame the National front and not taking responsibility for their fans actions was a stain on English football.

They deserve everything they get for their response. The thing is I was an Everton fan in the 80s and missed out because of the ban after Heysel. However, that doesn't mean I am going to accept sick posts like 39-0 or [Phrase removed].

Fair enough, I agree that's not in good taste but I think the meaning of the post is to clarity the absolute gulf in moral standards between the two clubs.

If that was Everton and not for the event but the behaviour in the aftermath I would have walked away from the club and probably footy in general unless they took stock and changed the club culture that led to it. Like most things, people are better inclined towards you if you are honest and take responsibility.

Without responsibility there cannot be outrage when their crimes are pointed out really.

What do people want from Everton. Do you want us to move into the BMD and have a glorious future or in 10 years time do you want us to mark the 45th anniversary of Heysel and come out with horrible stuff like 39-0.

We were having a great season, 7 wins on the run until we went in to the Derby and have collapsed since. We need to start supporting Everton and stop hating Liverpool.

What do people want from Everton. Do you want us to move into the BMD and have a glorious future or in 10 years time do you want us to mark the 45th anniversary of Heysel and come out with horrible stuff like 39-0.

We were having a great season, 7 wins on the run until we went in to the Derby and have collapsed since. We need to start supporting Everton and stop hating Liverpool.

And yet Liverpool are winning things whilst inventing rivalries and hating any club and fanbase that challenges them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back