• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Former Everton midfielder Li Tie - now China's national team coach - angered some Liverpool fans in his homeland with comments made during the Merseyside Derby on Saturday, according to a report.

The South China Morning Post say Li was working as a pundit on the game for Chinese television and when Reds captain Jordan Henderson went down, he said:

Midfielder Henderson - who was deputising at centre-back following injuries to Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Fabinho - did indeed have to leave proceedings with a groin problem.

The article states:

lol
Is right Li lad.

View attachment 118634

It's stating the obvious of course, but there really is something mentally not right amongst their fanbase. They've all seemed to buy into the "there is a conspiracy against us" theme. Have they not noticed how many penalties / free kicks Salah, Mane etc. have scammed over the past several years? Or even maybe how the red card count in Merseyside derbies since the PL era started is something like 3 to 1 against Everton?

It's akin to Trumpers in the US thinking the election was stolen.

Mate they were saying this same thing last season if one decision went against them. Totally ignoring the fact that VAR seemed to be changing the rules on the fly weekly to gift them victory after victory.

There was one point where they changed the handball rule about two weeks on the bounce to gift them wins.

They said any handball In the lead up to the goal is a foul. Then vvd handballs it and they said no actual there is a time limit with the handball. The next week they played spurs and Henderson handballed it passed it to salah and salah passed it to mane who scored within about 3 seconds of the handball. They then came out after the match and said its only handball if its the assister or the person who scored the goal handballed it.

Then Robertson tried to break auriers shin in the same game and nothing was given. We were talking about it in work on the Monday and one of the kopites in work said "wouldn't suprise me if they'd of given that against us they give everything else against us" and all of the rest of the kopites agreed with him. My head fell off.

If you haven't noticed chaps there isn't a single article on the BBC football page website about
your huge win on Saturday night today - your first win there in decades. Not a jot.
There is however an article about a Mexican referee who accidently blocked a goal in a game
in a Mexican league match over the weekend. Virtually every other games gets a mention
along with the Scottish games. Not a word about the biggest game of the weekend by far
and the result. That is just shockingly biased reporting / journalism and needs to be called out.
tenor.webp

Ha Ha RS Bitter Media

I don't care, we won Ha Ha, Ho Ho Etc

We are missing a trick by not having a fan channel with grandoldteams legends on it. The money I would pay to watch Davek react to a liverpool loss or Mikeh when siggy loses the ball and starts pointing. KERCHING
A genuine one, showing how real blues watch the match would be ace.
It would just be lids stood there tutting and shouting the occasional FFS..

If you haven't noticed chaps there isn't a single article on the BBC football page website about
your huge win on Saturday night today - your first win there in decades. Not a jot.
There is however an article about a Mexican referee who accidently blocked a goal in a game
in a Mexican league match over the weekend. Virtually every other games gets a mention
along with the Scottish games. Not a word about the biggest game of the weekend by far
and the result. That is just shockingly biased reporting / journalism and needs to be called out.
I'd not noticed mate but we've been living with this type of coverage for years and years, times are a changing though, soon, they wont be able to ignore us. New stadium, new attitude, Carlo, some decent players, bit of cash to spend on more and more likely than not, Euro footy again next season. As the song goes, 'we don't care what the Red Sheight say...'

We are missing a trick by not having a fan channel with grandoldteams legends on it. The money I would pay to watch Davek react to a liverpool loss or Mikeh when siggy loses the ball and starts pointing. KERCHING
@davek isn't real, he's a mythical contro-bot programmed to take the opposite line to the received opinion. Anyway, you should never 'meet' your heroes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back