• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

If you haven't noticed chaps there isn't a single article on the BBC football page website about
your huge win on Saturday night today - your first win there in decades. Not a jot.
There is however an article about a Mexican referee who accidently blocked a goal in a game
in a Mexican league match over the weekend. Virtually every other games gets a mention
along with the Scottish games. Not a word about the biggest game of the weekend by far
and the result. That is just shockingly biased reporting / journalism and needs to be called out.
To be fair, as Brighton, Burnley and City have all won there in the last few weeks I guess it’s not massive news anymore :)

Sheff Utd beating the dirty cryarse scabs next week would be sensational though.

As of this morning Liverpool are closer to the bottom three in the league than they are to the top....

I said this yesterday. The idea that they just get a crocked CB back and ***cazam*** they are back to challenging for the title is for the birds now. Ordinarily speaking they have a major rebuild job.

You factor in the unique circumstances too. The team in 1st are going to be getting a lot stronger. A mixture of a depressed market, FFP essentially being done and an official window where it can end (as well as having commercial deals that are not likely to be impacted by the pandemic, which will not be true of Liverpool) will mean City can blitz this summer. I would expect 2-3 major stars arriving.

Looks like MBappe will sign for PSG now, and if not Madrid would be a destination, but if he were to come to this country it would really only be for City now. If he's not available, Haaland will likely come, maybe Sancho, Messi too. City are off into the distance.

As things stand Chelsea, United and Leicester getting CL will be awful for them (as would ourselves if we pull it off). Tuchel has a great squad and will add a couple of quality. United have huge cash reserves and momentum now, and Leicester are a very well run club whereby they will have another huge cash increase to spend.

Meanwhile they will be scratching around for championship players, and if there's no CL likely having to firesale their best players.

A crock of a CB coming back in the autumn is not going to be able to plaster over that gaping wound.

Only a few of them can really see what is coming.

@catcherintherye @davek what you opionion on Klopp and the fact he getting off Scot free in the media because everyone buying the Injuries BS.
The team that played us you take out the young lad put Henderson in midfield and VVD in at CB and that’s their best team. The way it’s being portrayed it’s like they got 15 major injuries
I detect a turn away from this, tbh.

People outside of their core hacks are weary of it.

A genuine one, showing how real blues watch the match would be ace.
It would just be lids stood there tutting and shouting the occasional FFS..
10 minutes into the game before they sit down,a shout of come on Everton these are $hite,5 minutes later get up to go the toilet,sit back down,5 minutes of FFS,turn,you're terrible Davis,get off 10 minutes before halftime and come back when the second half is on,few more minutes of swearing then say F this I'm off to the Oak

Bullets in the post for Li Tie lol

Wont happen but would love us to go on a Sunderland eque derby run of beating them 4-5 times on the spin they really couldnt handle it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back