• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Has a genuine penalty ever been given against them ?????!!

Not one of their players argued at the time and Carragher shouted "penalty" on the commentary

Then all of a sudden he decided it was never a pen and the VAR ref tried to get involved. It was a penalty all day long and there wouldn't be a single word about it if it had been us bringing down one of their forwards in that manner.

Had to work yesterday and had a hangover but didn't care. Off today and woken up feeling like the world is such a good place despite all the crap going on. Are those RS still moaning?

Might take a trip to Rawk and see.

How many minutes without a goal from open play at Klanfield was it?
Problem with RAWK is where to start it made my hangover feel great yesterday the desperate wools

Haven't read through the thread since Friday but it would be pretty funny if Van Dyke sitting there like a terminally ill patient on a guest pass from the club could be turned into a scene from Weekend at Bernie's.

Pathetic attempt to try and put Pickford and the team off, more than likely they were pissing themselves laughing at half time, for the full 15 minutes, with Carlo then simply saying "Just do the same again"

Another prime reminder of the weird obsession they've got trying to prove how scouse they are btw.

Has to remind everyone he's from Huyton and has to overegg the scouseness, to remove the shackle that they're not a tourist club.

But yeah, short memories, the horrible rats.
It's a wonderful thing that Richarlison scored and Pickford had a blinder and that Van Dyke was there to see it play out. I wish that I was creative enough to write that script.

Haven't read through the thread since Friday but it would be pretty funny if Van Dyke sitting there like a terminally ill patient on a guest pass from the club could be turned into a scene from Weekend at Bernie's.

Pathetic attempt to try and put Pickford and the team off, more than likely they were pissing themselves laughing at half time, for the full 15 minutes, with Carlo then simply saying "Just do the same again"

It was utterly pathetic that, you just absolutely guarantee he was asked to go as a PR thing if they won the game. See him walk on to the pitch to celebrate as some sort of redemption. SKY would have absolutely lapped it up. The most amazing bit being Everton didn't play along with there charade and accept a defeat.

Not one of their players argued at the time and Carragher shouted "penalty" on the commentary

Then all of a sudden he decided it was never a pen and the VAR ref tried to get involved. It was a penalty all day long and there wouldn't be a single word about it if it had been us bringing down one of their forwards in that manner.
Can be arsed to check the latest official rules on it but I don't think intent has anything to do with it.

Trenno Laa slid in and missed everything, was then in the way of Dom running through to tap the rebound into an open goal. Whether he meant or not isn't an issue. He stopped a goalscoring opportunity (tap in). The debate should be why wasn't it a red card. The lift of the leg should have sealed it.

I said this yesterday. The idea that they just get a crocked CB back and ***cazam*** they are back to challenging for the title is for the birds now. Ordinarily speaking they have a major rebuild job.

You factor in the unique circumstances too. The team in 1st are going to be getting a lot stronger. A mixture of a depressed market, FFP essentially being done and an official window where it can end (as well as having commercial deals that are not likely to be impacted by the pandemic, which will not be true of Liverpool) will mean City can blitz this summer. I would expect 2-3 major stars arriving.

Looks like MBappe will sign for PSG now, and if not Madrid would be a destination, but if he were to come to this country it would really only be for City now. If he's not available, Haaland will likely come, maybe Sancho, Messi too. City are off into the distance.

As things stand Chelsea, United and Leicester getting CL will be awful for them (as would ourselves if we pull it off). Tuchel has a great squad and will add a couple of quality. United have huge cash reserves and momentum now, and Leicester are a very well run club whereby they will have another huge cash increase to spend.

Meanwhile they will be scratching around for championship players, and if there's no CL likely having to firesale their best players.

A crock of a CB coming back in the autumn is not going to be able to plaster over that gaping wound.

Only a few of them can really see what is coming.
I think you are right about Mbappe. I'm not sure if Real Madrid can afford him and Barca most certainly can't. The VVD scenario is one of them weird ones where the more he doesn't play the more important he becomes. I think they are in for a shock when he does eventually return if they think that they will instantaneously become world beaters again. Not a chance and it is highly doubtful that he will return to his previous best after such an injury and his age. We had the same with Mendy. A very good player before the injury and an absolute liability after it. I do hope we can get Haarland to replace Aguero, however, I fear his financial demands will be to high. I really am in two minds about Messi to be honest. The club would love him as he would raise the profile of the club to a truly immense level from where it is now. However, from a pure football perspective I'm far from convinced. He's 33 and certainly his best days are behind him - but having said that he is still a genius. But who would be left out to accommodate him? Probably Foden which would not be popular with both him and the fans. On the other hand just how much could Foden learn from Messi by playing with him and training with him for 2 years or so? It's a difficult one. As you also mention the other huge potential problem Liverpool have if they don't make the top 4 this season is would VVD or Salah, Mane etc actually want to stay at Liverpool without CL football? I highly doubt it and the other side of the coin is just who could / would they attract without CL football even if they could afford it - which they probably couldn't? There really is a seriously difficult potential crisis on the horizon for Liverpool as a club and a team if they don't as you say. I'm not sure if the penny has started to drop yet with the majority of their totally deluded fan base? I would imagine there is some pretty detailed scenario planning going on by the big chiefs within FSG right now and the first casualty to get the chop if they don't make the top 4 will Klopp himself. FSG will be brutal. If they fluke the CL again then he may survive. If they don't his coat really is hanging on a shaky nail. Just thinking about how the media would view it and report fills me glee!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back