• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

In the late 60's and early seventies we used to beat them very regularly home and away but in more recent
times we had a woeful record against them (when we were even in the same division as they were!).
They used dish out some severe beatings to us every season and they actually enjoyed
humiliating us as they did it. If we somehow managed to scrape a draw we were genuinely ecstatic!
The only time we did the opposite was on the 23rd September 1989 at Maine Road. Alex Ferguson had
assembled at United what at the time was the most expensive squad in the history of British football.
We had 5 players in our team that day who had come through our youth team squad. It was lambs to the slaughter...
Nobody knows how, but on that day a miracle occured and we gave them an absolute pasting and hammered
them 5-1. It was genuinely, one of the happiest days of my life. It was such a big deal to actually beat them
at the time the club produced a souvenir video of the match (which I still have - picture attached)
and it ended up being one of the biggest selling club videos of all time. That's how desperate we were as a
club and as a fanbase. We brought out and issued a video because we had won a game.
It all changed when Mancini arrived and he turned the tables on them completely.
The ultimate being when we absolutely destroyed them and rubbed their noses in it at Old Trafford
with 1-6 hammering in 2011. Now you guys have got that monkey off your back they will never have
that power or fear over you ever again and that is a nice feeling to have. Smash them at your place next
season in front of your fans and a whole new era begins. Can you just imagine your derby day at your
new ground? No fear, no trepidation and a genuine belief that you will win the game. Infact you KNOW
you will win the game before it starts. That what Mancini did for us and Ancelotti can do for you.
Enjoy the journey...

View attachment 118979

Just watching the highlights, and it looks like absolute murder in the ground! Going off everywhere. Was that typical?

In the late 60's and early seventies we used to beat them very regularly home and away but in more recent
times we had a woeful record against them (when we were even in the same division as they were!).
They used dish out some severe beatings to us every season and they actually enjoyed
humiliating us as they did it. If we somehow managed to scrape a draw we were genuinely ecstatic!
The only time we did the opposite was on the 23rd September 1989 at Maine Road. Alex Ferguson had
assembled at United what at the time was the most expensive squad in the history of British football.
We had 5 players in our team that day who had come through our youth team squad. It was lambs to the slaughter...
Nobody knows how, but on that day a miracle occured and we gave them an absolute pasting and hammered
them 5-1. It was genuinely, one of the happiest days of my life. It was such a big deal to actually beat them
at the time the club produced a souvenir video of the match (which I still have - picture attached)
and it ended up being one of the biggest selling club videos of all time. That's how desperate we were as a
club and as a fanbase. We brought out and issued a video because we had won a game.
It all changed when Mancini arrived and he turned the tables on them completely.
The ultimate being when we absolutely destroyed them and rubbed their noses in it at Old Trafford
with 1-6 hammering in 2011. Now you guys have got that monkey off your back they will never have
that power or fear over you ever again and that is a nice feeling to have. Smash them at your place next
season in front of your fans and a whole new era begins. Can you just imagine your derby day at your
new ground? No fear, no trepidation and a genuine belief that you will win the game. Infact you KNOW
you will win the game before it starts. That what Mancini did for us and Ancelotti can do for you.
Enjoy the journey...

View attachment 118979
I bet you and the City hordes enjoyed that derby in the 70s when you sent United down to the second division. Denis Law wasn't best pleased though. May have started the daft habit of former players not celebrating a goal against their former clubs.

Utterly deluded virgin, the screenshot alone shows his level of intelligence considering City won titles under Mancini and Pellegrini before Pep even came in

Are we really going to get wound up by every irrelevant little scrote in a red shirt who posts absolute horsewank on the internet?
That said though, that hairdo!
Oh and I’ve not watched it but his face is enough to make me want to harm him.

Utterly deluded virgin, the screenshot alone shows his level of intelligence considering City won titles under Mancini and Pellegrini before Pep even came in

He's just embarrassing, even for Liverpool fans, don't think he even knew Man City had previously won the league before Pep arrived. There is nothing outside his mother's box room other than libberpool football club.

Just watching the highlights, and it looks like absolute murder in the ground! Going off everywhere. Was that typical?
That day was mental. It really was. The script was written for it to be exactly the other way around. So it
was all so unbelievable and almost surreal. The atmosphere at Maine Road was always a bit special
as it was an old Victorian stadium with the Kippax stand being open down the full length of the pitch
so the noise was loud. Had some great times in there but at the end the stadium was a real dump
and we had to get out out whatever happened. I just watched it back on Youtube and got emotional.
It was 32 years ago. I was single, not married, had no mortgage, going to the match home and away and
having the time of my life! How things change... :eek:

That day was mental. It really was. The script was written for it to be exactly the other way around. So it
was all so unbelievable and almost surreal. The atmosphere at Maine Road was always a bit special
as it was an old Victorian stadium with the Kippax stand being open down the full length of the pitch
so the noise was loud. Had some great times in there but at the end the stadium was a real dump
and we had to get out out whatever happened. I just watched it back on Youtube and got emotional.
It was 32 years ago. I was single, not married, had no mortgage, going to the match home and away and
having the time of my life! How things change... :eek:
Fond memories of Main Road.
My uncle used to run the Supporters bar at one end of the ground in the 70’s. He got us tickets for the Everton v Liverpool semi final there when Clive Thomas robbed Bryan Hamilton of a winner.
I have City fans as friends too, so went to a few games with them late 80’s to early 90’s, or whenever it was the likes of Paul Stewart was there.
Remember going with them on an away day too up at Carlisle one year. Came through the lakes on the way back, mate pushed me out of the Luton van and I ripped my Kappa tracky! :)

For anyone who hasnt been keeping tabs, this is Liverpools season do far.
Lost 7 2 to Villa.
Lost Van Dik to a accidental tackle in the 1st Derby.
VAR denied them a last minute winner in said game.
It became public knowledge they have under 6k season ticket holders in the region.
Countless inquiries.
Terrible squad additions.
Knocked out of FA Cup by Manchester United.
Worst home record for nearly a century.
Lost Anfield Derby
Everton got planning permission for new ground.
Currently struggling to make Europe league for next season.
And it's only going to get worse haha

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back