• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

That day was mental. It really was. The script was written for it to be exactly the other way around. So it
was all so unbelievable and almost surreal. The atmosphere at Maine Road was always a bit special
as it was an old Victorian stadium with the Kippax stand being open down the full length of the pitch
so the noise was loud. Had some great times in there but at the end the stadium was a real dump
and we had to get out out whatever happened. I just watched it back on Youtube and got emotional.
It was 32 years ago. I was single, not married, had no mortgage, going to the match home and away and
having the time of my life! How things change... :eek:

It looks mad really, just from the scenes. Like absolute carnage. Not just the fighting, but people just casually stood by the side of the pitch as it happens, a police officer bundling fans off as the players run off.

I think the last "hiding" in a derby game was when Liverpool hit us for 5 at Goodison. There have been a couole of 3/4-0's at Anfield and one at Goodison for us, but no real hiding. The thing that got me with last years cup tie, was you'd seen Aston Villa reserves beat their reserves 5-0 and you really thought it was the moment to score a big win. I wasn't even disappointed with the less, it was more we missed an opportunity to embaress them!

How's he better than Pep?
Wenger went the entire season unbeaten, in a far more competitive league, and spent a fraction of what Klopp has.

Pep has broken every single record. Klopp has spent stupid money, albeit City more, but they way they harp on about it, you'd think he'd turned water into wine, and brought the dead back to life with some of these miracles he's achieved at Liverpool.

• World Record fee for defender
  • World Record fee for GK
  • World Record fee for Idea pass producer

Klopp has been a great manager for them, and will make any overseas manager list, but give over.
They just can't accept that the word 'best ever' doesn't have to belong to them exclusively.

Cracking read this if you're bored
I liked this one. He probably accepts that Salah dives but doesn't think that it's too much.

xx.gif

Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’

« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2021, 07:28:44 pm »

What's even the point?

And the Latin American (Argentine) commentary on ESPN saying there was no doubt on the penalty
???
??

And that Salah dives too much and gets too many decisions
???
???
???

Srsly what the [Poor language removed] were they even watching?

ip.gif

There's some idiotic post going around about being there at Sevilla, a fluffing European final, and other such nonsense and proudly still supporting them.

What? How would losing in a final of a major competition even make the slightest dint to a real supporter's love for their club? Is that a real low point?

God, getting there would make it stronger than ever. They've never truly experience difficult times to the point they've become detached from reality.

They're akin to a spoilt celebrity who has a melt down because the champagne in their hotel room is 0.4C too warm and there's a crease on the bed.
As I said previously on here they're genuinely nuts a lot of RS, not so much the Scouse the ones who go the match, some of them are alright. I have a mate who goes home and away to watch them, has travelled all over the country and followed them in the Europa League to places like Udinese, Braga, Bern and St Petersburg. He even had a go at a lot of the RS for moaning about not winning the league in 2014, saying that some fans were give anything to be at that position and they should grow up.

I view a lot of RS the same way I view fellas who punch females in nightclubs for not wanting to dance with them, they have this sense of entitlement that they have this divine right to be successful and they think they have this divine right to not be mocked. Benitez having a go at us for singing songs about Gerrard is a typical example, Carragher had a go at Everton fans for singing offensive songs about RS players.

Look at the comments section on the video of our fans celebrating in the Brick when they lost the final, they genuinely don't understand why we hate them and why other fans hate them. As I said a week ago, they don't have any sense of unity amongst their supporters, because they've never had to go through the pain and disappointment we have as a fan base have had to go through. We're all naturally pessimistic, because we've been disappointed so many times, so we've been able to develop thick skin and we're able to laugh at ourselves, they can't do that. They've only had brief spells of poor form under Hodgson and Rodgers, but other than that, life as RS has been pretty easy recently and for the last 50 years they've had it pretty good.

All these jibes about us celebrating draws at Anfield and about not winning trophies tells people far more about them than us. It's hardly surprising when we'd had a pretty awful season and were playing at Anfield with Cuco Martina at left back and a lot of younger players in the squad, that we would be happy with a draw at Anfield when Rooney scored. Yet the Redmen TR mocked us, then you had that beaut from the Red Echo mocking us for singing after a draw at Anfield. Spongebob Squarehead of Huyton maybe Wallasey who knows he changes his accent like 3 times in a sentence was mocking us for celebrating the draw at when we prevented them from winning the league.

Lazio fans and Atletico's fans actually celebrated goals against them when their rivals were going for the title. Harry Kewell was surprised that after we'd already secured 5th in 2013/2014 and had nothing to play for, that we wouldn't want to win in to simply help the RS win the title. I view a lot of RS as being somewhere between Hillbilly's and Scientologists, they denied Suarez said what he did, then with zero knowledge of the Spanish language, tried to pretend it was a term of endearment during an argument between 2 rival players, while playing in a Liverpool v United game.

The RS propaganda about Micheal Shields was even worse, a lot of people on here from the Balkans or who have family there, know that the police and the authorities only get involved when a foreigner is involved if there is a decent chance the person is guilty, to avoid the Western media's attention on them. I don't understand why nobody put pressure on the lad who did it to own up, if Shields was the innocent fan that people were suggesting he was his I don't really understand why his mates didn't help him out, it was all pretty strange.

Cracking read this if you're bored
One of the mutants had this to say '' That is the single most hilariously crooked decision I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.''

There really isn't much you can say to that, is there?

I read the rest of the post and wish I hadn't. They're a very disturbing group of fans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back