• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I have no doubt in my mind that Henderson has said something racist. But I think there's no will to take it forward, unless Gabriel and Xhaka want that. That's where Firmino and Alisson came in post match: they were right in the ear of Gabriel trying to get him to dial it all down. Shame on the pair of them, especially Firmino...then again, he did racially abuse Holgate so he has form.
Early intervention from the FA might take it out of the hands of Gabriel and Xhaka. The FA will demand to know all versions of events from those within earshot of the incident. If Gabriel doesn't want to take it forward then that may have to come at the significant cost of lying about what was said to save Henderson. The reason Michael Oliver went over to the touchline mid-game was because the allegation on the pitch was that a racist remark had been made. Were Gabriel to withdraw the allegation, he'd be under the spotlight for making a wrongful claim and potentially undermine the anti-racism campaign. For those reasons, Gabriel has to see this through.

I have no idea what was said between Firmino, Alisson, Gabriel and Jesus at the end. IF the former two were trying to persuade Gabriel to withdraw his complaint then they are a disgrace.

Comparisons with Suarez are obvious but I think this one has more of an Anton Ferdinand-John Terry feel to it. I suspect that there will be a lot of fending and proving, and that it might end up being deemed to be inconclusive. I could be wrong (I am about many things), but I think Henderson probably gets off.

Would love City to really put them in their place at Anfield. That lot haven’t seen a home loss in ages, they’ve always found a way to squirm out of it.

Let’s see Diaz and Alexander Arnold out for a period, Henderson banned, and the gap to the top 4 growing. We’ll then see how world class a manager Klopp truly is or is he only good when he has a fully fit 11 for thee entire season, teams are missing sitters against them every week, and opposition keepers are throwing it into their own nets.

Early intervention from the FA might take it out of the hands of Gabriel and Xhaka. The FA will demand to know all versions of events from those within earshot of the incident. If Gabriel doesn't want to take it forward then that may have to come at the significant cost of lying about what was said to save Henderson. The reason Michael Oliver went over to the touchline mid-game was because the allegation on the pitch was that a racist remark had been made. Were Gabriel to withdraw the allegation, he'd be under the spotlight for making a wrongful claim and potentially undermine the anti-racism campaign. For those reasons, Gabriel has to see this through.

I have no idea what was said between Firmino, Alisson, Gabriel and Jesus at the end. IF the former two were trying to persuade Gabriel to withdraw his complaint then they are a disgrace.

Comparisons with Suarez are obvious but I think this one has more of an Anton Ferdinand-John Terry feel to it. I suspect that there will be a lot of fending and proving, and that it might end up being deemed to be inconclusive. I could be wrong (I am about many things), but I think Henderson probably gets off.
Holgate was adamant he was abused by Firmino, and he had Everton players react exactly the same way as Xhaka did, so even if it is a complaint it's likely to be kicked down the road and then quietly dismissed. But I think the Firmino and Alisson intervention will pay Henderson dividends.

Regardless of all that though, Henderson's stock has plummeted.

Holgate was adamant he was abused by Firmino, and he had Everton players react exactly the same way as Xhaka did, so even if it is a complaint it's likely to be kicked down the road and then quietly dismissed. But I think the Firmino and Alisson intervention will pay Henderson dividends.

Regardless of all that though, Henderson's stock has plummeted.

His stock hasn't plummeted though, Firmino's didn't either because of lack of evidence or will to find additional or proceed with the evidence available.

It all comes down to transparency.

The ref report should show what he was alleged to have said.

Gabriel either backs this up or has to explain why he has changed his story.

I doubt we ever hear much more of this unfortunately, it's being swept under the FA kopite carpets as we speak.

As it's already been noted, this is the only time I can remember where an alleged racist incident has been reported without any use of the word racist or racism. This is not accidental. You are watching a crime disappearing before your eyes.

Kopite staretgy: Henderson is calling Gabriel a 'rapist'....just as if that kicks off Xhaka and Gabriel.

Operation Massive Deflect from the Kopite social media gang + MSM ignoring the incident will see it brushed under the carpet.

But the PL capatin of captains who organises taking the knee has allegedly - and there are strong suspicions of this now - has used the n-word on a football pitch.

We'll have a brief quote put out quickly from the FA Dave because the longer it takes the more guilty it makes him look and they wouldn't want to have their poster boy in the spotlight. The quote will be along the lines of "Nothing to see here, move on"

Jurgen, Jurgen, how many points off top 4 are you now?
lfc-klopp.gif
How many racist in your team ....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back