• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Left to online reporters to pick this up as the Kopite Establishment omerta closes down criticism.

English FA to investigate Jordan Henderson for possible racial abuse towards Gabriel Magalhaes​

The Liverpool - Arsenal saw a heated argument which could lead to harsher ramifications as the English Football Association is set to take action. The incident took place in the dying minutes of the game when the Gunners were leading 3-2. Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson and Arsenal defender Gabriel Magalhaes were involved in this furious exchange inside the Liverpool penalty area.

“We are aware of an incident that took place during the match between Arsenal and Liverpool,” a FA spokesperson said. “We are in dialogue with the match officials and will review the details of the incident.”

My guess is that Firmino and Alisson were sent over to persuade Gabrile not to make an official complaint over this and the two clubs will want to collaboprate to make it go away.
Link me up please. I need to fight the good fight elsewhere.

When asked about the incident in his post-match press conference, Arteta said only: “It was an incident that happened. Whatever happens on that pitch stays on that pitch.” Klopp added in a TV interview that he was “not allowed” to talk about it.

The FA is currently awaiting the referee’s report before deciding whether to take further steps. “We are aware of an incident that took place during the match between Arsenal and Liverpool. We are in dialogue with the match officials and will review the details of the incident,” an FA spokesperson said.

When asked about the incident in his post-match press conference, Arteta said only: “It was an incident that happened. Whatever happens on that pitch stays on that pitch.” Klopp added in a TV interview that he was “not allowed” to talk about it.

The FA is currently awaiting the referee’s report before deciding whether to take further steps. “We are aware of an incident that took place during the match between Arsenal and Liverpool. We are in dialogue with the match officials and will review the details of the incident,” an FA spokesperson said.
sweep-sweep-under-rug.gif

We'll have a brief quote put out quickly from the FA Dave because the longer it takes the more guilty it makes him look and they wouldn't want to have their poster boy in the spotlight. The quote will be along the lines of "Nothing to see here, move on"
Yes, defo.

And there'll be a sharing of the blame for 'an unfortunate altercation'.

Those Liverpool players Firmino and Alisson really need to look to themselves. Aren;t they part of their born again bigot group of weirdos who baptise themselves every week?

They need to ask themselves: 'What would Jesus have done?'

Yes, defo.

And there'll be a sharing of the blame for 'an unfortunate altercation'.

Those Liverpool players Firmino and Alisson really need to look to themselves. Aren;t they part of their born again bigot group of weirdos who baptise themselves every week?

They need to ask themselves: 'What would Jesus have done?'

That means they bathe once a week.

I thought Arteta came across very strange when he said that. If it was racial abuse, why would he say "whatever happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch". If it came out that he had been racially abused, is he then saying it doesn't matter because it was said on the pitch?

Very odd behaviour I thought.

I thought Arteta came across very strange when he said that. If it was racial abuse, why would he say "whatever happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch". If it came out that he had been racially abused, is he then saying it doesn't matter because it was said on the pitch?

I think they probably both know if it's going in the report then saying anything is prejudicial to whatever action the FA decide (not) to take.

It is odd. I get the impression from Arteta that his ego is stroked by being amongst the "big six" managers and he is the new kid amongst them who won't rock the boat.

If there is something in this, he should not have reacted as coolly as this.

He wouldn't have to act as judge and jury either, but any hint of racism is completely unacceptable and players do not easily make an allegation. If its correct, he should have backed his player.

It is odd. I get the impression from Arteta that his ego is stroked by being amongst the "big six" managers and he is the new kid amongst them who won't rock the boat.

If there is something in this, he should not have reacted as coolly as this.

He wouldn't have to act as judge and jury either, but any hint of racism is completely unacceptable and players do not easily make an allegation. If its correct, he should have backed his player.

I was absolutely certain Firmino abused Holgate, yet by the time everything had been worked through it was almost as though Holgate would be the guilt oarty if he dared to back up his claim and all of a sudden the whole thing disappeared.

Football is all for saying no to racism until it might affect their big brands and then it’s all about hushing up racism the same way it hushes up anything that might dare to affect ‘the product’

I was absolutely certain Firmino abused Holgate, yet by the time everything had been worked through it was almost as though Holgate would be the guilt oarty if he dared to back up his claim and all of a sudden the whole thing disappeared.

Football is all for saying no to racism until it might affect their big brands and then it’s all about hushing up racism the same way it hushes up anything that might dare to affect ‘the product’
You're correct of course. Whatever the issue or problem, the end result must be that the hand-clapping, flag-waving masses are satisfied.

The outcome MUST be acceptable to them, and couched in terms agreeable to them.

Well, at least the majority of them in any given situation according to the number of Twitter followers, Sky Sports viewers, and other such highly-scientific measures.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back