• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I thought it was a terrible comment he made, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. What the hell kind of things that to say. Recently there was an alleged racist comment in the mls between Phil Nevilles team and Rooneys. Neville was going mad and backing his player. Night and day from Arteta.
We should probably wait to see what was alleged before we decide whether arteta’s out of order I would have thought. It’s very weird that people have invented an entire scenario in their head to the extent that peoples reactions to an unknown incident are being judged.

I thought it was a terrible comment he made, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. What the hell kind of things that to say. Recently there was an alleged racist comment in the mls between Phil Nevilles team and Rooneys. Neville was going mad and backing his player. Night and day from Arteta.
I read into that, that he is saying that he will leave it to the match official to report to higher authorities what actually happened, and he is not going to comment to the media what he knows. I actually think it is a smart move by Arteta...

We should probably wait to see what was alleged before we decide whether arteta’s out of order I would have thought. It’s very weird that people have invented an entire scenario in their head to the extent that peoples reactions to an unknown incident are being judged.

It is odd that people are judging guilty/innocent based on what may have happened.

Arteta has pissed me off today. I hope his players desert him and they go on the slide.

A manager needs to got to war over that backing his players not trying to be diplomatic.
He was a blue. He'll know this'll get brushed under the carpet.

Seriously though the whole Partey thing surrounding that club would probably make him guarded in what he comes out and says.

If he hasn't done it then nothing less than a full explanation of what was said will do. He should rightly face no further action if he hasn't said anything of a racist nature.

If he HAS said something racist then a hefty fine, racial awareness course and massive ban will be coming his way. For their club captain to allegedly do this would be enormously damaging to the club and the brand. Let's not forget that Liverpool, like all clubs, have a multiracial dressing room. How will his teammates look at him? This could shatter team spirit and be the beginning of the end for Klopp when taken with their poor form. In their own minds, they were able to wash over Suarez-Evra but times have changed even since 2011. In the end, Suarez was just put down by the media as being ignorant and stuff that was acceptable in South America was not acceptable here. Henderson has no such excuse. He has nowhere to hide. He's put himself at front and centre of the anti-racism campaign. IF he has done it, his career is done and that club plunges into further turmoil.
Change ‘would’ to ‘should’ and I’d agree.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back