• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Looks like Klopp is trying to tell Gabriel what he heard in one of these pics:

Anyway, if you get to the end of the below clip you might start to feel like it's all a big mix up and really that it was Gabriel Jesus' fault.

Last edited:
If that's his thinking he's badly got it wrong, you can't put a game of football ahead of someone being racially abused. When it happened and Oliver ran over to tell the 2 managers I thought someone has made a racist comment. Then after the game I heard Artetas comment and i thought it must of been something else. I was shocked to see on here later that it was.
I suspect Arteta is under orders here not to talk about it, “in case it prejudices any future investigation”!
I’d also suspect within the dressing room he has backed his players, and they will know he can’t discuss it with the media!

Looks like Klopp is trying to tell Gabriel what heard in one of these pics:

Anyway, if you get to the end of the below clip you might start to feel like it's all a big mix up and really that it was Gabriel Jesus' fault.

Why is Klopp even getting involved there, bizarre?

Thought Arteta’s “what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch” line was really really weird. Disturbing.

It was like he was thinking “we are flying, I don’t want any other media distractions right now.” Really odd thing to say.
Dalglish said the same about Suarez, really poor from arteta that, he either doesn't believe his player or doesn't care , awful response to allegations of racism.

I hope that people are just simply jumping to wrong conclusions over what Arteta said. We have to remember that we don't know what was said on the pitch, it could have been offensive but not racially motivated. Therefore, the comment may not be as bad as people are claiming it to be.

However, if it is to be found as racial abuse then the comments were extremely misjudged.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back