• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Ok, I think I know what might have happened. Henderson mistook Gabriel for Partey and called him a rapist. Gabriel misheard and thought he was accused of being a Papist. There could be no greater insult to a born again Evangelist like Gabriel, hence his strong reaction. It's all speculation but I suspect we will never get to the bottom of it as it will be swept under the carpet.
That’s that then. Let’s move on.

YNWA is a BS marketing gimmick. You see so many of them on Twitter, Kopites from India ending every reply with YNWA and they don’t even know what it means.

Karius found out the hard way - and had to ‘Walk Alone’ after that CL final. He received death threats from his own supporters.

Lovely lot aren’t they. YAWN.

Yes very true. The French police were right about them, they are ticket robbing feral sewer rats.

Arteta saying he backs Gabriel's version of events 100%.

"It’s in the FA’s hands and I’m not going to get involved in that.".

Has to get involved surley if he backs him 100%?

I think Henderson is in a shedload of trouble over this and it'll be interesting to see the form of words that gets him out of jail on it.

Why does he need to get involved?

He will give his statement to the authorities in an official capacity but he is not necessarily going to help matters by talking about it openly. The legal teams at Arsenal and any other official organisations, that are going to dealing with the matter, will have more than likely told him not to comment on it in too much detail otherwise it runs the risk of muddying the waters, weakening the case, etc.

That is my opinion, of course, if what was said was racially motivated then it is going to be an extremely sensitive and emotional case, Arteta does right just standing back and answering any questions with generic answers or not answering at all.

Why does he need to get involved?

He will give his statement to the authorities in an official capacity but he is not necessarily going to help matters by talking about it openly. The legal teams at Arsenal and any other official organisations, that are going to dealing with the matter, will have more than likely told him not to comment on it in too much detail otherwise it runs the risk of muddying the waters, weakening the case, etc.

That is my opinion, of course, if what was said was racially motivated then it is going to be an extremely sensitive and emotional case, Arteta does right just standing back and answering any questions with generic answers or not answering at all.
He was asked point blank if he backs his player, so that comment was unavoidable.

But yeah, Arteta is saying some contradictory and unhelpful things. All he needs to say is that the matter is under investigation and leave it at that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back